Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Summer run in lake George - July 9th to the 11th

Post Thanks / Like

Summer run in lake George - July 9th to the 11th

The Summer run originally in lake George, NY has been a thing for nearly 20 years. After a few years in the New Hampshire white mountains we're heading back to Lake George for 2021. This is a low key event where friends gather Friday night. ( a few will sneak in Thursday and enjoy the local roads and shopping for an extra day) Saturday its off through the Adirondacks for a lengthy cruise. On Sunday we're all heading for home.
    We'll post details in the next few days.

Harvey R

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past we have been based at the Fort William Henry Hotel. This year we are directly across the street at the Quality Inn. If you are trailering I would recommend Ft. William Henry. They have a huge auxiliary parking lot.
    Quality Inn Lake George: 57 Canada St, Lake George, NY 12845•(518) 668-3525
    Fort William Henry Hotel: 48 Canada St, Lake George, NY 12845•(518) 668-3081

Post Thanks / Like
    We booked at the Quality Inn for this laid back weekend.
    I’ll check and see if they have any specials going on at the world famous Star Trek museum at that time ��

Post Thanks / Like
    A draft Itinerary:
    Friday: Arrive at your chosen hotel. Diner will be at 6:00 at a local restaurant. I can only make a reservation for a confirmed head count. So text me if you would like to join the group. Saturday July 10th: Be gassed up and ready to go on a cruise by 9:30am. We will head out at 10:00 By 10:05 we WILL be gone. The exact gathering spot in LG will be announced with route details in the coming days. I am planning a 2 hour cruise to some sort of a lunch destination. It will have indoor plumbing for the ladies and gas nearby for the cars. After lunch we head back to LG. With some luck and planning there will be 2 routes back. A long twisty way back for those still wanting time enjoying the Adirondack roads and an express route for those who would preferer to get back to their rooms. Diner Saturday is unplanned so enjoy with your partner or get together with a few friends. Chatting poolside afterwards at the Quality Inn is an option. Sunday morning many of the long haulers will be gone at sunup. For those still around we could make the trip up Prospect Mountain for pictures. My cell # 603-438-0373
    I hope to see you there.
    Harvey

Post Thanks / Like
    More details on Saturdays cruise:
    We will depart from the Fort William Henry parking lot (44? Canada St, Lake George, NY) This is the parking lot between the park area to the south and the hotel.
    I will be there at 9:30. In our blue/white cobra with NH plate KOKAMO
    Drivers meeting in the parking lot at 9:45
    We will depart at 10:00 am sharp.
    It is about 70 miles to the lunch stop where there will be gas nearby.
    At about the 1.5 hour mark we will make a quick bathroom stop. (no gas station)
    Lunch will be in Schroon Lake. Either at Pitkins in town or at Sticks & Stones a bit south of town. This will be dependent on the number of cars.
    After lunch folks are free to find their way back to LG or head for home if they are local. The quick route back is to jump on 87 south. Those wishing to continue a scenic route can take Rt74 to Ticonderoga then head south along the lake on Rt 9N

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of folks are checking this thread. I would love to know how many are coming. Please respond if you are planning to make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Harvey,

Thank you for rebooting this great Cobra tradition! Such a great time. We’re already planning next year’s!

Here’s a few photos from the run…

Three Mark III’s 😎

Coyote Coupe #1

During the run

Thanks again!

Pat
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a great time was had. Wish I could've been there.

Henry