Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Door hinge question

Post Thanks / Like

Door hinge question

The manual shows tapping one hole on each of the top male hinges. I thought I read on here that someone went ahead and tapped all the holes, but I can't seem to find that post. At this point I have all holes drilled to 17/64" and will wait until I get some clarification before opening the other holes to 5/16". Is there any benefit to tapping all the holes?

Thanks, Gary
    FFR Gen 2 35 truck, Barrett Jackson edition # 4, chassis # 81, 525HP LS3 & 4L75E, 8.8" 3 link.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to do it over again I would tap all of them on the post side. I had a hard time on a couple of them because of space with the body trying to get a wrench on the nuts. I ended up cutting a bolt down and using a half nut in a couple spots. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    The manual shows tapping one hole on each of the top male hinges. I thought I read on here that someone went ahead and tapped all the holes, but I can't seem to find that post. At this point I have all holes drilled to 17/64" and will wait until I get some clarification before opening the other holes to 5/16". Is there any benefit to tapping all the holes?

Thanks, Gary
    I had to remove and replace the cab and doors several times due to chopping it, After the first couple times of wrestling with those I tapped all the holes. Made reassembly much easier.

4. Likes RuffShod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your replies, looks like I'll tap them.

Gary
    FFR Gen 2 35 truck, Barrett Jackson edition # 4, chassis # 81, 525HP LS3 & 4L75E, 8.8" 3 link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    Thanks for your replies, looks like I'll tap them.

Gary
    Hey just something I learned. Be aware that how you trim the excess to gap the doors affects how far forward you have to slide the mounts in on the chassis. Look at it close and you will see how being farther forward or back affects the position of the hinge mounts. So if you trim a lot off the front of door, the farther forward the mounts have to be slid in on the chassis and vise versa. Look close and see where will make adjustment/alignment easiest on your set up.