FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  62

Thread: North Florida 289 Build, #10306

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    POL stuff coming in after a dry spell. Roll bar assembly came in today. Some fastener hardware and rear springs on the way.

Got the brake lines done (UGLY, but functional.) Still fighting with fuel lines. I also got the TrickFlow fuel filter located and mounted (similar to Mr. Borror's 20 Anniv build).
    Received some Fragola hose end fittings yesterday and found out today that I ordered the wrong ones. Ordered the right fittings today and sending the wrong ones back.
    Fuel Filter.jpg

Got the DS elephant ear temporarily mounted before I ran out of time. Will do the PS on tomorrow. I should have done this when I installed the F-panel. Lesson-learned.
    DS Elephant Ear.jpg
    Jack
    289 Roadster complete kit ordered 8/2/21. Delivered 3/14/2022. Chassis #10306. 17"x9" Halibrands, 3.55 IRS, PS, Wilwood brakes, BPE 306 with EFI and close ratio TKX. First start 7/20/2023. First Movement 9/24/2023. First go-kart 9/25/2023.
    Build thread - https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...rida-289-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the fuel hard lines fitted in yesterday. They look far better than I expected. Now to work on building the hoses.
    Fuel lines front.jpg
    Fuel lines rear.jpg

Rear springs showed up on my doorstep today. Built up the rear shocks and then couldn't find the 4" bolts for the top shock mount. They must've walked away, so I made yet another trip to Ace and secured 2x. Too hot to work in the garage this afternoon (feels like 130F in there), so I'll finish the shock installs next week.
    Jack
    289 Roadster complete kit ordered 8/2/21. Delivered 3/14/2022. Chassis #10306. 17"x9" Halibrands, 3.55 IRS, PS, Wilwood brakes, BPE 306 with EFI and close ratio TKX. First start 7/20/2023. First Movement 9/24/2023. First go-kart 9/25/2023.
    Build thread - https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...rida-289-Build