I am laying out the hot rod rear exit exhaust before selecting my headers for a SBC. I wanted to make sure the connection point is in the right place.
SBC supplemental instructions Rev F says to use ram horn headers –Flowtech 11704 instead of shorty headers (SUM-G9005 or Flowtech 11102 which were recommended in previous revisions of the instructions.)
ram horn headers.jpg

I haven’t seen any build here using this type of header. Perhaps this resolves some of the fitment issues I have read about?
Has anyone used ram horn headers? And is the set of pipes I received shown below designed for this instead of typical shorty headers?
Any concerns to watch out for? I read a comment on Jegs that someone (not a FFR) had interference with the alternator with a short water pump. Since these headers go up a bit first I guess I could run into that too.

The assembly manual was pretty vague, combined with old pictures, and separate SBC instructions. Here’s what I came up with:
s20210612_155757f.jpg s20210612_155757r.jpg

Trying to follow the combined instructions, I first had that extra pipe between the long pipe and the muffler, but measuring forward from where the muffler is supposed to be, that would put the front of the pipe at the grille. So is that just an extra piece? And the square adapter looks like it would only apply if using that pipe. The pictures in the SBC instructions seem to use that piece, but again the pictures of the actual install in the instructions show the other type of header, and certainly different length pipes than what I have.

Also any idea where I would use the flange gasket which is next to that? I guess if I had to cut the long pipe to fit, that could be used to connect it (not ideal though).

Lastly, I have the hangers on either side of the muffler, and the hanger above the axle. Is the clamp at the left an extra too?