Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In Memory of Andy Salvaggio

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

In Memory of Andy Salvaggio

Dona and I just met Andy and Karen last fall on an extended RV trip. Andy was a most gracious host and showed us around the "auto museum" that is Casa Salvaggio. Also, made us hors d'ouvres and entertained us until Karen got home from work. What followed was hours of story telling, good food and fellowship with the Salvaggio's and John and Victoria Tongish. This ranked as a "top 10" all-time great experience. The next day, Andy took me to the Riverside Int'l Auto Museum (RIAM) and I just loved the whole experience. I also attended the "open house" at the RIAM, featuring the #28 coupe, fresh off the racetrack from the 25 hr. enduro ... the coupe was covered in mud, grease, 25 hours of track stuff! Fun times!

The true measure of how much Andy meant to so many people was the tremendous turnout for his Memorial Service at the beautiful Riverside National Cemetary. So many people arriving in so many cool cars ... Cobras, Daytonas, Corvettes, customs, etc. The "Celebration of Andy's Life" at RIAM was equally impressive. Many stories from many people about what a talented, giving person that Andy was. And a tremendous musical performance of "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" that just brought tears to my eyes. All this was followed by gathering of friends at Karen and Andy's home. Such a fitting tribute to a fine man who meant so much to so many people. Rest in Peace, Andy!

I'm going to add a few pictures and I would ask all of you to add pictures in rembrance of Andy.

I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***