Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tire Pressures Survey

Post Thanks / Like

Tire Pressures Survey

OK, lots of good input on the TIRE POLL but here's a related question, more out of curiosity.

What tire pressures are you running on street (or also track) tires, as of course there is no factory tag on the doorjamb....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click HERE for a recent discussion on the topic.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thanks again...I gotta look around before I post...looks like I been pumping a bit too much in my tires, been running high 20's, will let out 5 lbs and see. thanks much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting question. I usually run tires near the maximum recomended pressure. That comes from so many yeasr of driving grocery getters and trying to improve gas milage. My little 4" off the ground money pit may prefer lower pressure.
    FFR 7216 MK 4 Non Donor Street Legal 06/13/11 at 4:30 pm! Graduation 1/1/2012
    3 Link Ford Racing 3.73 8.8 Posi with Yukon Axles.
    4 wheel discs Brembo rotors and Hawk HP plus pads.
    Ford Racing 302 340 HP T5Z 5 Speed Stainless Headers and Side Pipes.
    Holley 670 Street Avenger on Edelbrock Performer RPM. MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
    Delivered 04/11/10 7:30 pm Roller 05/08/10 Engine installed 08/07/10 First Start 02/19/11

Gas Fume Philosopher AJ Roadster NJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I subscribe to the old drag racers' rule of thumb -- a short burnout should produce rear tracks that are uniform across the entire tread of the tire. If the rubber is heavier in the middle, and lighter (or nonexistent) on the edges, there is too much air in the tires. Sneaking up on the right answer is a ton of fun in and of itself.

I am running Cooper Cobras, and have 23 pounds in back and 24 pounds in front.