Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Long time good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Long time good time.

Second owner of a Mark 2 FFR roadster. As a matter of fact I bought it about 5 years ago and it’s been smiles ever since. Upgrades during the winter. Day trips every summer. Here’s the rap sheet: 302 with Trick Flow top end followed by T-5, 5spd. like every other FFR owner the list of modifications is too long to list. I absolutely love driving therefore the majority of my mods are focused on making the car more reliable. In short, fixing things that aren’t broken. Me? Electrician, general contractor, welder, real estate investor. The roadster is currently one of two kit cars I own. The second car is a “1 off” 1972 Pantera. Looking forward to learning tips, tricks and insights.

Post Thanks / Like
    My roadster has a 302 shortblock with factory GT40 heads, B cam and T5 trans. Although it doesn't really "need" more power, I've thought about changing to an Edelbrock or Trick Flow top end kit.

Are you satisfied wit the performance of your combination?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickity-Split View Post
    My roadster has a 302 shortblock with factory GT40 heads, B cam and T5 trans. Although it doesn't really "need" more power, I've thought about changing to an Edelbrock or Trick Flow top end kit.

Are you satisfied wit the performance of your combination?
    have you always run the GT40 heads? do you notice a bump in HP? I have a 289 w/ stock iron heads but have toyed w/ the idea of upgrading to some salvage yard GT40s for some cheap power. It's hard for me to tear down something that works just fine however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceLee View Post
    Second owner of a Mark 2 FFR roadster. As a matter of fact I bought it about 5 years ago and it’s been smiles ever since. Upgrades during the winter. Day trips every summer. Here’s the rap sheet: 302 with Trick Flow top end followed by T-5, 5spd. like every other FFR owner the list of modifications is too long to list. I absolutely love driving therefore the majority of my mods are focused on making the car more reliable. In short, fixing things that aren’t broken. Me? Electrician, general contractor, welder, real estate investor. The roadster is currently one of two kit cars I own. The second car is a “1 off” 1972 Pantera. Looking forward to learning tips, tricks and insights.
    Where are you located? There's a guy with a Mark II and a Pantera in West Chicago. Wondering if that's you!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I like TrickFlow's performance? Absolutely! I had it dyno'd and it pushed out approximately 325hp at the flywheel. Just under 300 at the wheels. We can always use more power but I'm more than satisfied on how she can hustle. I'm so sold on TrickFlow that I'm installing a top end package on the Pantera. Edelbrock is a rock solid company however they're somewhat pricey. If I didn't know any better I would've definitely gone with an Edelbrock top end. TrickFlow has convinced me otherwise and for less money. 14k miles with no issues.
    Last edited by SourceLee; 07-12-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Where are you located? There's a guy with a Mark II and a Pantera in West Chicago. Wondering if that's you!
    I'm located in New York (down state). That's quite the coincidence, no? Brothers from another mother.