Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Show us your Tow Vehicle

Post Thanks / Like

Show us your Tow Vehicle

Here is mine. Although the truck has been to Hoover Dam, I have not. Julie used the truck for a girl weekend in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and got this shot. Some of the details of the truck; lowered 5" front and 7" in the back with supplemental Firestone air bags. One of the first Powerstroke trucks to come off the line way back in 94 as a 95 model year truck. Last time the truck was at the strip it did a 15.304 in the quarter mile, not bad for a truck that weighs over 10,000 lbs. And yes, we do tow with it. On our trip to NorCal in July we averaged 21-23 miles to the gallon towing trailer and Roadster.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    DSC02694 64.2.JPG

This is what im planning on using once I put the hitch on. Cant leave the old girl sitting when I get the niw kid on the road. Have to treat all the kids equally.
    Denny
    Mk IV #7365 Ordered 9/27/10, Pick-up 10/30/10, Go Cart 7/30/11 302 cid 030, Carburetor, T-5, 4 Link, Completed 5/27/12, Grabber Blue / Kona Blue
    "One day your car will be working and you'll see a reflection of yourself in a shop window, and trust me on this, that will be good" J.C.
    http://s841.photobucket.com/user/BLTFRDTUF/library/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This will be mine:

Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

FFR Rookie Craftsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy,

Here's mine............

2010 Dodge Ram QuadCab Hemi w/ tow package.

Plenty of power and gets +18mpg while towing the Spyder.

Paul
    FFR 4859GT 414W (stroked 351W, 4.0" stroke, 4.060" bore). Tremec TKO 5spd. IRS w/3.55 and Torsen diff. 13" dual-piston front disc brakes (Mustang Cxxxra parts), 12" rear disc brakes (Corvette parts). 2003 Mustang Coxxa wheels, 275/40 front, 315/35 rear.

Possibly the only person in the world that is currently building a Spyder GT.

Post Thanks / Like
    My tow is a '92 Chevy Blazer 2-door Sport. I have logged 289,000+ miles in our 19 years together. Have been thru 3 radiators, 4 fuel pumps, 2 power steering pumps, and 3 transmissions. The motor has never been apart and runs great. I owe it all to clean living and fuel injection.

[ATTACH]=CONFIG]5723[/ATTACH]

While on my recent track trip to Wisconsin, I came across a replacement candidate for the blazer but am not sure where to put the hitch.

b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (485.9 KB, 60 views)
    Last edited by John Tongish; 11-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.