Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 Hotrod Hemi Gen3 build

Post Thanks / Like

33 Hotrod Hemi Gen3 build

Hello! Ordered a 33 kit in June, told December 11 will be ready. Second build
    Anyone Using a 6.4 Gen 3 Hemi? TKO ? Hydraulic throw out bearing? I was wondering about Power steering? Ever been done in this configuration? If Doing a Gen3 What Accessory drive are you using? I was going with A/C so Alternator and
    Compressor. I see March and CEF make Serpentine systems for this configuration.
    IRS, hard top, wilwood breaks, carbon louver sides, Boyd’s Fuel Tank,
    what is best shock combo does everyone like over the Stock Koni and spring weight? anyone using the F5 upgrade Shocks or another After market Q1?
    My First 33 build #231, 3 link, Boss 363, TKO 600, power steering, A/C. I changed to 350 LB springs in back and put the rear springs in the front.
    I didn’t know what results were or people using brand or part numbers, dislikes or likes with the Dial on the bottom of shock seems nice for different drives?
    Any help or suggestions would be Appreciated!
    Upstate NY
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Pat
    Just stepped back in after a few years away and saw your post
    There are a few pictures in my albums with the Gen 3 6.1 that I stroked to 7 liters
    That also happens to be 426 CI which seems like a nice number for a Hemi ;>)

You will have to go full custom on motor mounts, oil pan, radiator hoses and headers
    along with a few other odds and ends but it's been done by at least three of us a few
    years ago so there is some help out there if you reach the right people.
    Good luck
    Dale Berry 7L Hemi 33 with a custom 6 pack on a SMPI dual COP 3rd Gen Hemi