Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Well, I'm on the threshold of research. I've always wanted a Cobra since I was about 10. Now, the thought of getting one seems to have become a daily obsession for the last month.

I do have a few fears. One, what I don't know. I'm sure volumes could be written on this subject. My mechanical abilities are not that developed. Back in the day I would change oil, coolant, occasional alternator. Once I did rebuild a master cylinder on my Spitfire. I'm not sure I have what it takes to bite this off. I don't really want to have it built for me as I want the experience and view it as an opportunity to learn something thrilling. Are there any mobile builders that could be hired to come check the work and guide me as I go along? The conversation that I had with the factory rep said that If I could rebuild a master cylinder I could take this project on (not sure if he was just trying to make me feel better about myself.)

Are there are any members in the DFW area? I'd love to meet you and have a look at what you did.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are on Facebook you might want to join this page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasClubClubDFW They meet monthly and are a great group of folks. You can see many makes of Cobra. They are a very friendly group.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in the DFW area, no Facebook or any other accounts like that, but if you run into questions maybe I can help? My kit arrives in November. I’ve done ground up restorations of muscle cars and 50s hot rods, all paint/body/mechanics are done by me. I built a 34 Ford kit car many years back before I had done all the restorations, and although not a FF, it really wasn’t that difficult. I think you could do it!! And what an accomplishment!!!

Cheers
    Dave