Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shaved or No dooe handles

Post Thanks / Like

Shaved or No dooe handles

Anybody try the door poppers?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...andles&_sop=12

Like these? The dorrs to the truck comes uncut so it might be cool to do these. Opinions please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used similar parts from Autoloc on the hot rod and it works great!
    I have a Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition system with auxiliary outputs that I used to activate relays for the door solenoids. You have to come up with a mounting system, a way to tie the solenoid into the door release cable and put in some extra wiring but it's all fairly simple.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I used the spall kit from speedway . Works great and a very clean look without handles. I also wired in a auxiliary positive jump post because the battery in the truck is under the bed. If for some stupid reason the vehicle is dead and the doors are closed and windows up I have options. I do my fair share of shopping on e bay however I chose to purchase a quality product from speedway . Rob.
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave,

Guess I could improve on the spelling... However, do the doors just pop out? Is there a spring you install that ejects the door?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rob, good thinking. I was thinking to put the battery behind the pass seat, thru the back wall... I would build a box. But maybe I need a jump start point in the engine compartment. I dont like where the battery is..... too hard to get to. I have been looking at a friends truck being built nearby... but not sold on any of it yet. My kit will arrive in October.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wingardh View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Guess I could improve on the spelling... However, do the doors just pop out? Is there a spring you install that ejects the door?
    on the hot rod there is enough pressure from the weather seal to push the doors out when the latch is released. Alternatively, you can get something like the following or it's included in a lot of the shaved door kits
    https://www.amazon.ca/JDMSPEED-Stain...8643843&sr=8-1
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

7. Thanks Chris Wingardh thanked for this post