Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Battery Jumper Boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Battery Jumper Boxes

I purchased my 33 built and my battery is under the car. I feel I need to install some form of external battery jumper post in the trunk; since getting under the car every time I need a jump would be convenient. Does anyone have a suggestion. Thanks.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are popular with drag racers: https://www.summitracing.com/search/...mper-terminals

But I use a more discrete connector for a cleaner installation: https://www.mcmaster.com/battery-con...-connectors-7/ I mounted one of these on the body lip under the rear. I use these on my hauler and they are used on about every tow truck out there. I have jumper cables that have the conventional clamps on one end and a battery connector on the other. Simply plug into the mating plug hard mounted on my truck (and my hot rod).

There are other choices too but these two are probably the most popular.
    Last edited by NAZ; 09-17-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    33Freestyle, My battery is in the trunk so easy to get to compared to yours, but even still I hooked up a battery tender pig tail to the battery posts so I can easily hook up a battery tender when not using it. You could go the same route and route the pig tail into the trunk.

This way you can plug it into a tender when not using the 33 so you wouldn't need to worry about jumping it at all.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 33fromSD View Post
    33Freestyle, My battery is in the trunk so easy to get to compared to yours, but even still I hooked up a battery tender pig tail to the battery posts so I can easily hook up a battery tender when not using it. You could go the same route and route the pig tail into the trunk.

This way you can plug it into a tender when not using the 33 so you wouldn't need to worry about jumping it at all.

Jim
    Guys I'll look into both of these options. I just didn't want to over think this. I wish the previous builder had put an access panel on the back wall. It would have been nice. Thanks to both of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the AGM batteries lasting longer than the old wet batteries, I find that the remote jumpers work better than digging out the battery. I like the remote jumpers so much, that I put them in both of my cars.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charging Connector.jpg

I used a battery connector and hard mounted it under the lip below the trunk. If my battery charger wasn't plugged in you'd never notice it in the photo. Makes for a very clean installation.

https://www.mcmaster.com/battery-con...-connectors-7/
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build