Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Minimum CCA Battery

Post Thanks / Like

Minimum CCA Battery

I am trying to figure out if I can put the battery behind the bench seat. Seat will be a tilt up... Courtesy of Hoona in Hawaii...My engine is a Blue Print 347 FI. I am in Florida where the winter fridgid is about +35F on the coldest mornings . Soooo would a small 250-300 CCA battery work? I am looking for a small size.... size matters here.

Post Thanks / Like
    29667EBF-CF5E-4A53-812B-FB87234C5477.jpg

I ran a garden tractor battery to operate my turbo big block Chevy truck for most of a year. It worked fine most of the time in Alberta Canada even in winter ( heated garage tho) but if the truck didn’t start in the first few times when she was hot, the starter didn’t always want to engage the solenoid to the point the starter would operate.

So I coughed up the $ for the (Whoops! I meant Odyessy…) Odyessy 925 as recommended by many. It’s been fine for me and should readily fit behind your seat.

My 7 cents…
    Ha! 😁
    Last edited by Pat Landymore; 09-17-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    My optima battery, after one year, is still cranking (also Florida, also BP 347). MY seat is tilted back slightly leaving enough room for battery, but I mounted mine behind cab, with an access hatch
    in the bed

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike, I am trying to get away from under the bed mount. Its really a bad solution. Kit will be here in a couple of weeks, and it will be one of the first things I will tackle before I remove the cab and bench. Il post my solution. I suppose you have the Odessy 925?

Post Thanks / Like
    You will need to pull the cab off the frame before addressing the bench location. Until you have the foot box and steering in place, you won't know where/how you want to mount the seat - space is tight so I would think precise seat location would trump battery location. I didn't like the battery location either, at first; now with everything in place, it is out of the way yet easily accessible via the access hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VIRGIN MIKE View Post
    You will need to pull the cab off the frame before addressing the bench location. Until you have the foot box and steering in place, you won't know where/how you want to mount the seat - space is tight so I would think precise seat location would trump battery location. I didn't like the battery location either, at first; now with everything in place, it is out of the way yet easily accessible via the access hatch
    Thanks Mike, I will take my time figuring this out. A friend is bulding a truck nearby, so I have acess to measurments with the foot box etc. I am 5'11 so the seat will most likly be all the way back, but raised 3"-4".... we will soon see how it goes....