Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F9 Unveiled on FFR Facebook Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    I know this is a F9 thread and I'd like to see an update on it as well.

However, there's one 818 comment unanswered that I thought obvious, so...

It was about the only consistent source of donor FWD(-ish) drivetrains with a manual gearbox.

I agree the 4cyl EcoBoost engine was a neat install. Did they ever specify what transmission they sourced for that?
    I also just realized the 818 isnt available to place an order on either, so its gone the way of the GTM?

They did use the same trans from the Subaru in that swap (In the snap on video they mention it briefly). There are lots of FWD vehicles that have a transverse mounted engine/trans that would have potentially worked in that combination, or the 01e transaxle from the audi/vw family tends to have tons of aftermarket support for mounting options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

I agree the 4cyl EcoBoost engine was a neat install. Did they ever specify what transmission they sourced for that?
    It was an adapter plate for the subaru transmission. There were a couple of them built. One was on powerblock and the other was for snap-on.

Post Thanks / Like

E type

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Yes, busy is a good term to use for the over done aero's, vents, etc, that the exotics seem to be sprouting more and more of. Personal taste of course, perhaps from the era I grew up, but sometimes a plainer look is much more attractive. I still think the E-Type is one of the most beautiful exotic cars ever built..

True story ... the first car I ever owned was my first car .... a silver/blue 63 roadster with a real dk. blue canvass top. I just turned 21 and became an NYC police officer .... two after being sworn in, the Harlem riots began.... Began working 12 hr. shifts in Harlem .... our command post was at one of the many Fire Station's ..... One of the Fireman had this car for sale, I paid $1800 cash and drove it home after my shift instead of using the transport bus ..... The previous owner ( not the fireman ) had put a custom over-size radiator in it and swapped out the Solex's for 40 dohc Webbers ..... I once had it up to 175 mph on the jones beach causeway ..... wish I still had .....Mike

4. Likes JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    It is for people who care more about building a car than owning or driving one. Some people just love the project, and for them 818 and F9 are perfect. I could easily have bought a nice used Boxster for less than I have in my 818, but then I would have missed out on thousands of hours of fun in the garage.
    I was actually kinda bummed they cancelled the 818. I finally got to a point where I could comfortably afford the kit and extras to build and they cancelled it.

I was excited about the project and building a fun little two seater that I can use to zip around town.

That being said, I'm impatiently waiting for specifics from FFR about the F9, including price points and whatever they do to the front end. It's a front engine car, I dont understand wanting to make it look like a mid engine car. You want me to have a huge trunk but no space to work on it after completion? Why?

6. Likes smoove7410 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123