BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New build LT 4

Post Thanks / Like

New build LT 4

Just starting my build wondering if somebody can give me some advice for a front drive system LT 46 speed standard going in wondering if motor mounts are like an LS for fitment any comments please let me know yes I need help moving forward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad s View Post
    Just starting my build wondering if somebody can give me some advice for a front drive system LT 46 speed standard going in wondering if motor mounts are like an LS for fitment any comments please let me know yes I need help moving forward
    Hi, I am using a Gen V LT4 in an SLC. I can confirm the LT4 mounts are not exactly the same as LS mounts. I made custom solid mounts for my purpose, but there are LT to LS swap mounts available that may make what you are looking to do easier.

Attached is a pic so you can see what the stock LT mounting brackets look like…0BEC2A47-8629-4DDE-9B46-BBB00408AF5D.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info just wondering on the front Drive if you used a high mid or low system and what make

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info just wondering on the front Drive if you used a high mid or low system and what make
    Depends which LT4 you go with, the wet sump and dry sump have different accessory layouts. For my build, i have the dry sump and I swapped the location of the compressor and alternator to clear the frame rail and made my own brackets along with some of the GMPP brackets.

Holley and Wegner make some nice accessory kits and options. There are more options for the wet sump version. GMPP also has their standard accessory kits as well..

For swap engine mount brackets check out dirtydingo.com. Here is a link..
    https://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=392

Here is a pic of my setup, it is custom and was a lot of work. When I made these there was virtually nothing available on the market for the wet sump…19C24867-D9B6-40C5-B6B8-4B127E7B162E.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    helps me out a bunch the motor is a wet sump application with GM. wiring Harness I can see why you built a couple custom brackets it’s kind of trial by fire with the new LT‘s as the configuration is different than the Ls Looks like you did a very good job fabricating

Post Thanks / Like
    One other thing not sure if the LT has the same oil pan design as the LS3 I’ll have to check fitment as it could be a problemFor steering clearance and power steering box

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brad,

I chose the dry sump since the pulleys and balancer are more compact and the oil pan is shallower, but then you need room for the dry sump tank and plumbing. Always a trade off.

The oil pans are unique to the LTs. Holley makes a retro-fit which is less bulky and I think there are some pricier custom ones available. What type of car are you building?
    Last edited by Jkviper; 09-26-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkviper View Post
    Thanks Brad,

I chose the dry sump since the pulleys and balancer are more compact and the oil pan is shallower, but then you need room for the dry sump tank and plumbing. Always a trade off.

The oil pans are unique to the LTs. Holley makes a retro-fit which is less bulky and I think there are some pricier custom ones available. What type of car are you building?
    35 truck

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s a 35 truck with a six speed manual I’m not getting the frame powder coated simply because if I have to start doing some modifications it won’t be a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s a 35 truck with a six speed manual I’m not getting the frame powder coated simply because if I have to start doing some modifications it won’t be a problem
    That’s gonna be sick! It’s a ton of work, but if you can’t find enough room for the LT4 accessory system, you could always remove the water pump and use a remote electric water pump and have someone custom build a much tighter set of accessories with supercharger pulleys.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.