FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2013 Hatch as Donor?

Post Thanks / Like

2013 Hatch as Donor?

I've got a built 2013 WRX hatch with a closed deck, bigger turbo, upgraded brakes, etc. Because of an accident and rust it's not worth much. I'd love to build a 818C eventually, and trying to figure out of this hatchback has a spot as a donor or if I should go ahead and part it out to buy a cheaper donor in the right year range.

Does anyone know how many parts I'd have to buy that would be specific to 2002-2007 WRX models? Or is the list just too long and I should sell and buy a cheaper donor?

I'm looking to do more of a track build so not worried about stuff like belt locations, more just trying to think through the drivetrain/engine/suspension bits.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The drivetrain can work, it's been done. I'm not sure about the suspension, hopefully someone else can answer that part of you.

3. Likes zach_neveu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that's great info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    The drivetrain can work, it's been done. I'm not sure about the suspension, hopefully someone else can answer that part of you.
    I don't think any of the suspension is going to work, but you can easily find lower control arms and the rear suspension links or upgrade to STi stuff. The hubs and brakes are probably the bigger pieces to solve for. Worst case a part out or junk yard would be a good place to start. Probably be easiest to find a part out with no engine and tranny, probably been robbed of most of the body parts, then get your steering column, door latches, suspension, and all the other little pieces that are left.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can acquire a non turbo GD chassis for most of the other parts you'll need.
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a build manual? Order one (digital) from ffr for cheep, then you will have the list of parts for the donor. I understand it will not inform you on using the later model parts, but you would have a list so you can look up what may be able to be interchanged!

Then go through build threads, and see what others have done!

Good Luck and update us on what you find!
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —