Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hose and wiring routing

Post Thanks / Like

Hose and wiring routing

Hey Guys
    I am starting to run the wiring on my truck. I wonder if some of you guys could post pictures of how you ran the wiring in the engine compartment as well as the the hose runs. I am running a 383 stroker and a Fietec EFI. Full fender and sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's going to be a lot of variation in routing, holes through the firewall, etc. based on engine, trans, and personal preference. I show where I did mine in my build thread (link below) but it's an LS3, auto trans, and I made quite a few changes to the RF harness. So don't know how useful it would be for you. The manual does a decent job of explaining and showing where Factory Five did theirs. I found that helpful although didn't follow it exactly. Best I would recommend is mock up all the major components (engine, trans, etc.) and determine best locations and routing for your build and preference. One big decision is where to route the main power feed and rear harness. Some take them through the driveshaft tunnel (I did) while others route them under the chassis.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suggest you temp wire everything to get working, then figure how to make it neat; lots of wire can be eliminated, smaller gauge for digital bulbs etc. Then start at the corners and bring the wires to the dash. Really neat wiring has no pictures because it you can't see it