Hey Jeff - I'm 6'4" , wear a size 14, and am building a gen 1 hot rod. It is definitely going to be tight but seems like it will be satisfactory although you never really know until you spend some extended seat time in one. Like everyone says, the foot box is really small. If you are going with an automatic that makes it much easier - my car has a TKO and I had to mod the trans tunnel. I drive barefoot about 95 % of the time so time will tell how that is going to work out as heat is always an issue and those Wilwood pedals have some sharp edges...point being, if you have big feet you may have to rethink your foot wear especially for a stick shift car.
Definitely spring for the tilt steering column - your knees will be up around the steering wheel so it will give some leeway in that department. I may go to a smaller diameter wheel also but will have a better idea once I rack up some more miles.
The seats and mounts will require you to get a little creative also. I didn't feel that the standard seats would give me the leg room needed so I have gone to sheet metal bomber seats. They feel pretty comfortable just sitting in the garage , but again, the real test is out on the road for an hour or two. There does seem to be plenty of head room if you mount the seats low enough.
Anyways, it is definitely do able, but it adds a little complexity and expense to the build and depending on what your level of experience is may determine how satisfactory the outcome.