Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Show me your body/paint job - in person north bay

Post Thanks / Like

Show me your body/paint job - in person north bay

Hey guys - I’ve got 500 miles on my MK4 and almost done with registration (virtual BAR at the end of this month) which means I need to make a decision on which painter to use and paint color. Based on recommendations, I should see in person other cobras to help drive my decision.

With that being said, is there anyone in the north bay (or near by - I’m in Marin) that’s willing to let me see their cobra in person? Totally fine to show sitting in the garage.

Thanks!
    MK IV Roadster, 427 Fuel Injected HO Stage 2 by BP, Tremec TKO 600, 2015 IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 25th Anniversary Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make it easy on yourself and contact Ken Pike at Ken's Custom Auto Body in Yuba City. He's done somewhere around 800 of these cars.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff. As of now, that’s the plan. I keep changing my mind on color so seeing some in person is the bigger goal. I’ll see if ken has any painted bodies that I can see.
    MK IV Roadster, 427 Fuel Injected HO Stage 2 by BP, Tremec TKO 600, 2015 IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 25th Anniversary Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Ken always has cars in various stages of completion in his shop. There were four bodies being painted or completed, and another four or five that were in preliminary body work. Mine's there right now, and preliminary body work should be completed soon. I'll be going up to pick up the go-kart, as I have some things I need to work on, and it will be easier with the body off. I'll try to get some pictures of any other cars being done when I'm up there, and I'll post here.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike