Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: More Drilling

Post Thanks / Like

More Drilling

Working on the Aluminum panels while I wait for backorder parts. set the Gauges in to see what they will look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the same phase :-)

I elected to carbon fiber the gauge panel (obviously stealing from Edwardb's great design - thank you Sir!), and am creating a template for fabricating a similar dash extension, to bridge the dash proper and the top-front transmission tunnel, if anything just to stiffen (and dampen) the whole dash structure, but also to hold additional bits / gauges / electrical ports, ..., etc. Currently mulling over where to place Rivnuts to access things behind the dash, as maintenance may indicate.

Alternative Build Sequence R Us ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwardb`s has some great build ideas. I`m working on his Hood Roller Brackets with the inline Skate Wheels. Post some pictures of your progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here! Quick question for you guys - if you're planning on having most/all of the panels powder coated, how do you plan on maintaining some form of panel ID after the coating? My memory is NOT going to be that good.... I'm thinking of some kind of metal tag and some wire line to attach to holes on each panel?

Good to have several people at similar stages of the build!
    Rian

Post Thanks / Like
    Take lots of pictures. once you've put them on and off a few times and drilled a couple hundred holes they go back together pretty easy. If your going to powder coat them make sure you have them trimmed and adjusted for the final fit before sending them for coating there a whole world of close and a lot of massaging is needed. that way you don`t mess up your nice new powder coating.