Hi everyone,

I was curious what people thought about the strength of the wrx transmission/differential in the 818 application. I spent some time looking through previous posts where people were arguing that since this car was lighter, the stock wrx transmission should have no trouble in the 818.

The part that concerns me is that all of the drive power will be going through the front differential, which was only designed to power the front wheels in the wrx. I claim no expertise in subaru's, but I would assume that the wrx is only designed to transfer 50% or less of its power/torque to the front wheels. If this is the case, subaru would only have designed the front differential and any internals related to driving the front wheels to handle half the power of the stock wrx, plus whatever safety factor they use for longevity.

In the case of the 818, all of the the engine power/torque will be going through this assembly, to the rear wheels of the 818. Granted the car is lighter, but I am not confident, considering weight transfer and the sticky tires people will be putting on this car, that the rear wheels will break free before transmitting half the power/torque of a stock wrx engine through the transmission/differential.

Any thoughts? Thank you for your input and I apologize if this has been covered before.