Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: New 818 builder in Chicagoland

Post Thanks / Like

New 818 builder in Chicagoland

Greetings,
    I bought a slightly started 818r kit and donor parts so I'm doing it!
    I would like to connect with other 818 folks within a couple of hours of the Chicago western suburbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I built a cobra, and located in the city.

3. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, built a roadster, and am located in Wheaton. I'm always interested in seeing new builds!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

5. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your purchase and build. I’m in the western suburbs I did not build a 818 I built a ffr truck. I have lots of body experience knowledge to offer if your close by and in the mood for it. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

7. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drives,
    I am NW of Milwaukee and bought an unfinished 818S from a guy in Mundelein last year. It is not much of an 818 anymore. I sold the body parts and have a lot of other unused bits if you need anything.
    I will likely sell the engine come spring.
    jim

9. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family
    Art Q is a heck of a guy in NW Indiana and love to ride his model C just to check an ongoing project.
    I’m in Indy and I just tag along for moral support.
    So my guess is that come spring you may have visitors…..if that’s OK..

Jet

11. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may have some spare parts too if you need anything. I’m in Cincy.

13. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Thanks for responding.
    I didn't get a response for a while and stopped checking. I guess I need to set my preferences to alert about posts.
    I'm in Batavia, a western suburb of Chicago; not as far west as Hampshire, lol. A good friend and colleague lives in Hampshire, I'm out that way maybe once a month or so.
    I'd like any drivebys; I'm retired so I'm here most of the time. I'd really love to check out, maybe ride in, an 818.

When I lived in Cleveland a few years ago, I went to a FFROG (Factoryfive Racing Owners Group?) cookout. I didn't find anything like this here; maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.?

Would folks be interested in a Cars and Coffee meet up one weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I may check with you on the parts. I bought a kit and donor from the original purchaser. FFR hasn't been that helpful when parts are missing. I guess the original purchaser didn't inventory fully, so when I find a part missing they give me the cold shoulder.
    And my kit is an R, so the kit has some S parts, but not the relevant R part, like dead pedals, coolant tubes, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driveslikejehu View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for responding.
    I didn't get a response for a while and stopped checking. I guess I need to set my preferences to alert about posts.
    I'm in Batavia, a western suburb of Chicago; not as far west as Hampshire, lol. A good friend and colleague lives in Hampshire, I'm out that way maybe once a month or so.
    I'd like any drivebys; I'm retired so I'm here most of the time. I'd really love to check out, maybe ride in, an 818.

When I lived in Cleveland a few years ago, I went to a FFROG (Factoryfive Racing Owners Group?) cookout. I didn't find anything like this here; maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.?

Would folks be interested in a Cars and Coffee meet up one weekend?
    PM sent!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount