Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New MK4 Build Vehicle safety standard requirements?

Post Thanks / Like

New MK4 Build Vehicle safety standard requirements?

I'm in the final stage of decisions on my MK4 order/build, an important piece to cover off are the requirements to get that all important COI and inevitable VIN.
    The items to be inspected are pretty standard although I'm wondering - since the car was never originally manufactured some features like a cyclopes tail light or catalytic converter is it still required?
    The guide says it isn't required if the vehicle was manufactured before 1995 and it was designed before 1995 but all the parts are new.. Kinda grey area there eh.. If there are any Roadster builders in Manitoba that can share their experience that would be great.
    Jeff - Wpg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_J. View Post
    I'm in the final stage of decisions on my MK4 order/build, an important piece to cover off are the requirements to get that all important COI and inevitable VIN. If there are any Roadster builders in Manitoba that can share their experience that would be great.
    Jeff - Wpg.
    Jeff if you are a member of the FFCars.com forum, this link has a list of Canadian owner/builders across Canada. You could scan through it for Manitoba members, and perhaps direct message them, about their experience registering their cars.

https://www.ffcars.com/threads/canad...ounted.237343/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill, Yes I've been a member for over a year. have done a lot of reading. Must admit have not spend a lot of time navigating the site - guess I should have.
    Off to Boston next week to visit the factory and place the order.. Christmas comes early..
    Cheers
    Jeff

4. Likes StoneyCreekCobra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jeff - I am in Winnipeg...went thru the process and have my MK4 fully plated/insured with an assigned VIN. MIne is registered as a Kit/Mod based on a 1965 Cobra so only the saftey features of the time are suppose to apply. However I also installed DRL's and reverse back up lights which the inspectors like to see.
    Fell free to call or message me anytime at 204-224-4081 and I can go thru the process with you....
    Regards - John