BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: New Guy, Kit Ordered, No Contact

Post Thanks / Like

New Guy, Kit Ordered, No Contact

Finally ordered my complete roadster kit in November. Been a dream for years! How long does it usually take FRR to reach out to go over the order? It's been almost a month, and I've only received the mailed copy of my order form. I guess I expected a phone call or email, but so far "crickets".... I know they are extremely busy, and I'm trying to be patient, but it doesn't take too much time to make contact with a customer. I don't even know an expected completion date yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly I received a phone call only because they had a question about one of the options I requested. You should email/call them to ask about completion dates. I ordered my kit last March (MK-IV Roadster) and it was ready for shipping in September.

Post Thanks / Like
    You received an order confirmation without a production date? Positive? That seems a bit unusual. I'd be contacting them. They won't necessarily go over the order with you other than asking you to review for any final changes a few weeks before your production date. But you should have a confirmed production date soon after you've placed your order and paid the deposit.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this has anything to do with your delay, but I did seeing on 8-Dec the Factory Five Facebook page posted that they are really really backed up and short staffed.
    Basically stating that a number of open orders will be delayed.

https://www.facebook.com/factoryfive
    Last edited by CB_83; 12-10-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get an actual Sales Order with your order information or did you just get the email receipt from paying your deposit on the website? If I recall it took a couple weeks before they emailed me my actual sales order with a delivery date and that was back in August.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last March I got a call within 24 hours to review the order. Kit received in Sept., I suspect they are very busy and I would call.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    I too ordered a complete kit in April. Within a week or so I got an email confirmation with a build sheet and an expected delivery date. In my case the delivery date was mid September and the kit arrived on Sept 20th or thereabouts. As others have stated, they will reach out with delivery status about 2 weeks or so prior to shipping. I would call and or email FF to be sure that something didn’t get fouled up but to say that they are swamped would be an understatement.

In my case, waiting for the kit was an exercise in patience, as is waiting for the missing POL items of which there are many. Look at it this way. During the wait you will have ample time to peruse the various build threads and formulate a “plan of attack” to ready yourself when the day finally arrives.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry guys, but the excuses are becoming too many. Supply and demand = If you are short people... hire more people. If nobody is biting you are not paying enough. Frankly there should be no excuse for the lack of phone communication. Communiocation via email is cumbersome especially when it takes several days to get a reply and then only half of what you asked is answered..... My 2 cents.

9. Likes J R Jones liked this post
    Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sasteel43 View Post
    Finally ordered my complete roadster kit in November. Been a dream for years! How long does it usually take FRR to reach out to go over the order? It's been almost a month, and I've only received the mailed copy of my order form. I guess I expected a phone call or email, but so far "crickets".... I know they are extremely busy, and I'm trying to be patient, but it doesn't take too much time to make contact with a customer. I don't even know an expected completion date yet.
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Glad we connected via email yesterday afternoon, and I forwarded your other questions onto one of our techs to assist you. If you view the PDF I attached in the email, your kit completion date is listed on there - 7/16/2022.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

11. Thanks BLUE KNIGHT thanked for this post
    Likes BLUE KNIGHT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Glad we connected via email yesterday afternoon, and I forwarded your other questions onto one of our techs to assist you. If you view the PDF I attached in the email, your kit completion date is listed on there - 7/16/2022.
    Thanks, Dave. I did not see the completion date before. I feel better now! I'm just super excited to finally fulfill a long time dream.

13. Likes Ted G, Mad Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kit was ordered early September and my completion date is 3/12/22. This time has really helped me fine tune what I want in my build and what I don't want. I am also ordering parts from FFR and other suppliers as to hopefully avoid some of the backorders. I've already made two changes to my order and another big one is coming with several deletions (headers, sidepipes, and a few other things) and an addition or two.

Btw, did anyone see Dave's FB Live post this morning? Prices are going up for new orders and existing orders may have a "surcharge" of 1-3%. This is totally understandable, but happy I got my order in a few months ago. Inflation is rearing it's ugly head and reminds me of the 1970's.

Ted G
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

Post Thanks / Like
    Noticed an item was missing from my POL list and 1 item never made it to the original order. I email my sales guy and asked him to call me so I can pay for the item that didnt make the order. He replied "when is a good time to call?" I answered "Right now is good"........That was 5 1/2 hours ago!! My patience is starting to wear thin!

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, Chris! I just spoke with Mike in Tech, and he said he replied to you 2 hours ago, and has not had a chance to give you phone call as he has been assisting other customers as well this afternoon. He is still working with a customer right now, and will get in touch with you as soon as he can. It will most likely be Monday as we are about to close in a few minutes.

Again, sorry for the delay.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wingardh View Post
    I am sorry guys, but the excuses are becoming too many. Supply and demand = If you are short people... hire more people. If nobody is biting you are not paying enough.
    Trust me when I say that I understand how frustrating it can be, but we all know it's not that simple. It's the holiday season. Factory Five can't be everyone's Santa; they need a break too. The year's been absolutely f**ked up the wazoo in terms of supply chains and material demands. Frankly, I think it's miracle that they're taking any new orders at all.

Building a kit car beings out the bright eyed kid in all of us... and no excited kid likes to be told their toy is on backorder, or even worse, sold out. I plead with all the kind folks here to please have more patience. Let FFR have some time for themselves during the holiday season as well. I know that if I'm on the other side, I'd appreciate it.

18. Likes jbs72697 liked this post
    Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Smith did post an update on our shipping situation earlier today on Facebook. Click here to watch it.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

20. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Dave Smith did post an update on our shipping situation earlier today on Facebook. Click here to watch it.
    Prices going up about $1K (depending on your model), that's expected in today's world.

Good luck and hopefully delivery will be sooner than expected!!

Capt. B
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wingardh View Post
    Noticed an item was missing from my POL list and 1 item never made it to the original order. I email my sales guy and asked him to call me so I can pay for the item that didnt make the order. He replied "when is a good time to call?" I answered "Right now is good"........That was 5 1/2 hours ago!! My patience is starting to wear thin!

We have received your latest email, and I will talk with the team here to get you a thorough update on your POL and MIK questions. Please accept my apology for the lack on communication. We will help you get the information you are asking for.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog