Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: New to forum and looking for my first FF 33 coupe roadster

Senior Member golfobsessed71@gmail.com's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New to forum and looking for my first FF 33 coupe roadster

Hello all, my name is Robert, I have been looking for a 33 Ford coupe roadster and have decided on a factory five, thought I would start here.
    In my 50s and have built and owned my share of muscle cars, corvettes and cobras and currently have a C5, and Gen 2 Viper.

I prefer a completed car and prefer coupe with removable top but open to the right roadster. I don't mind needing cosmetics as I'm in the Automotive paint industry but looking for a good solid drivetrain in the car and turn key.

I am in Arizona bit don't mind shipping.

Any advice on these cars would be welcome as well.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-16-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be interested in selling you mine to build another. It is somewhat unique in that the drivetrain is old school with a rebuilt 364 Buick nailhead engine, Buick 400 transmission. Has the convertible top, FFR deluxe nose and hood (32 radiator shell), power steering, stock interior. This was my 8th FFR build (5 roadsters, 1 coupe, 1 GTM and the 33).
    Car is painted green candy with silver sides and if anything is not 100% perfect it is the paint (beautiful at 5' in the bright sun but does have some minor imperfections). Has approximately 1000 miles and is titled in Massachusetts. Let me know.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. What part of AZ are you in?

For the right price, all my vehicles are for sale, including my hot rod. A Sawzall will turn it into a roadster and bungees will convert it back.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    I may be interested in selling you mine to build another. It is somewhat unique in that the drivetrain is old school with a rebuilt 364 Buick nailhead engine, Buick 400 transmission. Has the convertible top, FFR deluxe nose and hood (32 radiator shell), power steering, stock interior. This was my 8th FFR build (5 roadsters, 1 coupe, 1 GTM and the 33).
    Car is painted green candy with silver sides and if anything is not 100% perfect it is the paint (beautiful at 5' in the bright sun but does have some minor imperfections). Has approximately 1000 miles and is titled in Massachusetts. Let me know.
    Thanks so much, probably not what I'm looking for, hoping for a bit more traditional in drive train

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Welcome. What part of AZ are you in?

For the right price, all my vehicles are for sale, including my hot rod. A Sawzall will turn it into a roadster and bungees will convert it back.

Lol, I live in Surprise Az... I'm up in Flagstaff a bit for business as I have some me clients up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Thanks for reaching out, don't mind a little old school but would like more traditional with Ford or Chevy drive train... Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Option

I have a MK III with a stroker 383, injected with a pro m throtle body, tremec 3550 4 disc brakes, power steering and a lemans hard top.
    Needs some final work on the hood and paint on hard top.
    Konis coil over,4 link, and sway bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you but really looking for the 33 hot rod

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gen 1 33 with about 800 miles. LS 3 , automatic , heat and ac , in primer ready for paint. will send pics to email address if u are interested

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Robert this is the guy with the 33 factory five that is 90% complete it is my brothers car i am just doing the foot work for him. anyway if you are still intrested in car it has the best of everything has small block 302 punched out to 347 at 430 hp he had it professionally built have video of engine on dyno, also brand new auto trans with over drive . car has 11 miles everything brand new have all receipts just needs to be finished have all fenders for any combo . i know you said you had mad an offer on another one . I think this one is worth looking at! thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Found one thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    After you get it settled in, please post your initial impressions. And, you know we all appreciate a few photos
    "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."

FFR #7430 - MK4 Roadster - 302 w/ T5 Five speed - 17" FFR wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickity-Split View Post
    After you get it settled in, please post your initial impressions. And, you know we all appreciate a few photos
    Will do and thanks... coming in from Chicago area and not gonna to be here till next week.

6.0 LS with 6L80E build.

Already purchased new wheels for it.

Replacing Gen 2 RT/10 Viper so this will be interesting but wanted something I can do my own things too over ownership.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Will do and thanks... coming in from Chicago area and not gonna to be here till next week.

6.0 LS with 6L80E build.

Already purchased new wheels for it.

Replacing Gen 2 RT/10 Viper so this will be interesting but wanted something I can do my own things too over ownership.
    And it begins….car hasn’t hit the ground and wheels are ordered. I love it. Did the same myself a few years ago. Wife said you haven’t even seen it and new wheels are in the garage?

Hope you enjoy your new ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy working on the car. I just recently finished a restoration on a 1966 corvette, bored now and am waiting for my 33 kit for a early march time frame. Built a MK II in 2003 and can't wait to start another build. Take your time and enjoy all the time you spend working on the car. Oh, driving them isn't bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys... Would love to do a complete build but older now and just a two car garage, built a few Cobras many years ago as well as lots of muscle but want to spend my Sundays driving them now.

Wheels get here tomorrow and car gets here Tuesday, currently has the FR500 wheels but wanted a Bullitt style. This car will allow me to do my own things to it without damaging value... I put a 3 stage paint job on my Viper a few years ago but really can't do much modification that makes sense so this 33 with be a blank slate, will plan for a better paint job within the first year as well as a few other mods.

Will post pics once it's here.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks again all... just an update and pics.

received the car about 10 days ago but busy with a little travel and Barrett Jackson.

love the car so far, still have to do state inspection for registration but should be painless as its titled as a "33"

installed new wheels and took it out for a few rides and very happy with performance, runs out and drives well, seals up tight, sounds good, cold ac and nice stereo.

I noticed it has a bit of a noisy fuel pump which I know is common with inline pumps, was gonna replace it anyway and now even thinking about going internal pump however... I can find access to the tank/battery area, the panel in the trunk is riveted and I cant find an easy way to remove the water fall.

appears the roll bar is keeping from removal and also the upper door hinges... I can cut a small amount under the upper door hinge in the fiberglass but still have the roll bar to deal with... how does one access the tank and battery area?

I do realize this isn't the right place to post this question just adding to my update. IMG_20220122_125625284_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_173300812.jpgIMG_20220120_173153498_HDR.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks again all... just an update and pics.

received the car about 10 days ago but busy with a little travel and Barrett Jackson.

love the car so far, still have to do state inspection for registration but should be painless as its titled as a "33"

installed new wheels and took it out for a few rides and very happy with performance, runs out and drives well, seals up tight, sounds good, cold ac and nice stereo.

I noticed it has a bit of a noisy fuel pump which I know is common with inline pumps, was gonna replace it anyway and now even thinking about going internal pump however... I can find access to the tank/battery area, the panel in the trunk is riveted and I cant find an easy way to remove the water fall.

appears the roll bar is keeping from removal and also the upper door hinges... I can cut a small amount under the upper door hinge in the fiberglass but still have the roll bar to deal with... how does one access the tank and battery area?

I do realize this isn't the right place to post this question just adding to my update. IMG_20220122_125625284_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_173300812.jpgIMG_20220120_173153498_HDR.jpg
    Congrats! Great looking car! Do you know what that color is?

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello David and thanks... It's called Wild Cherry, a Ford color but gonna paint it a 3 stage candy red this year, will enjoy it for some months then start taking it apart.

21. Likes Cobradavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    noisy fuel pump? If you can hear the fuel pump then neither the exhaust nor your stereo is loud enough! Seriously though, the FFR mufflers are LOUD so if you really do hear the pump it would be interesting to know which mufflers the builder used. Anyway, look forward to seeing how you modify things up and make this baby your own.

Cheers
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    This post confuses me

33 coupe roadster? Huh?

In the FFR world it goes like this:

33-33 Hot rod
    Coupe- Type 65/Daytona coupe
    roadster- Cobra,

Confused ....
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    noisy fuel pump? If you can hear the fuel pump then neither the exhaust nor your stereo is loud enough! Seriously though, the FFR mufflers are LOUD so if you really do hear the pump it would be interesting to know which mufflers the builder used. Anyway, look forward to seeing how you modify things up and make this baby your own.

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks Steve... The car is pretty loud but can hear the fuel pump hissing a bit, got underneath and looks like a Walbro, just removed the top yesterday and not as noticable and still plenty of fuel pressure but for the cost just gonna replace it out.

25. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    This post confuses me

33 coupe roadster? Huh?

In the FFR world it goes like this:

33-33 Hot rod
    Coupe- Type 65/Daytona coupe
    roadster- Cobra,

Confused ....
    Sorry didn't mean to confuse you and new to the FFR world.

When I started my search I noticed some 33 Hot Rods were removable tops, some were roadster only, some had soft tops and some fixed tops so wanted to cover all bases... should have just said "Hot Rod"

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm old enough that I can refer to my hot rod as a three-window coupe and get away with it. And nobody would ever confuse it with a Type 65 Coupe.

Rear Street Tires.jpg
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

28. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry didn't mean to confuse you and new to the FFR world.

When I started my search I noticed some 33 Hot Rods were removable tops, some were roadster only, some had soft tops and some fixed tops so wanted to cover all bases... should have just said "Hot Rod"
    Its all good, just havin' some fun with you.

Welcome to the FFR world!
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    Its all good, just havin' some fun with you.

Welcome to the FFR world!
    No worries and thank you, loving it so far... this car is just what I needed, loved it with the top on but a whole different car with top off.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries and thank you, loving it so far... this car is just what I needed, loved it with the top on but a whole different car with top off.
    Agree open top is the only way to go! Scott

IMG_0258.jpg
    FFR #3870 MK II, Spectra Blue/Arctic White, 1974 414W, 10:1, Eagle 4340 crank and rods, KB Pistons, Ported Performer RPM 2.02 heads & intake, QFT SS-650, Comp XR282HR, Quality Roadsters pan, Crane ignition, TKO600, 3.55 gears, 3 link, SA QA1's, Breeze LCA's, Heim joints & VPM F/R bars, Power steering with Hiedts valve, Power brakes, Fortes bump steer kit, 5 bolt axels, SSBC rear brakes, Oil cooler, Pusher fans, Halibrand Cobra III's with Nitto NT555 G2 245/285/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgoode View Post
    Agree open top is the only way to go! Scott

IMG_0258.jpg
    Beautiful build