Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  30

Thread: Bob's Daytona Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_1697.JPG

Running quite well: Have run the engine up to about 4500 rpm on the back roads. Holding a steady 185F coolant temp running up and down the hills in 85 degree weather. Handling is predictable and stiff. I am not throwing the rear end around [yet]. It is loud, but not as loud as it could be if I hadn't installed some side pipe baffles

Steering wheel not quite "square". A bit of time needed on the tie rod ends
    Need to find time and place to center headlights and running lights, and then I'll affix headlight covers.
    I leaned out the fuel mixture via Holley Terminator X settings. Will continue to play with this a bit until I find the sweet spot. I'd be glad to share TerminatorX global config file setting is there is interest
    I'm going to drop the right front of the bonnet about 1/4"
    There's mesh to install on the bonnet as well
    Door cards in the forecast, and a slight trim needed on the PS door striker post
    The Mosier rear end has a slight weep through the gasket. I'll live with this until mile 3,000 or some such and set a new gasket with fluid swap.
    I've got the Go-Pro mounted and the Valentine radar detector installed :-)
    A bit more brake bedding to do. With my initial balance bar settings, I wasn't grabbing enuf rear brake. IMO, an interesting test of brake balance (in the absence of a skid pad) is looking at how fast one erases disc brake paint ;-)
    Clear bra needs be installed before I get too many more miles in ...

Waiting on VIN assignment ... [Jeopardy music track inserted here ....]

2. Likes rhk118 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey LateApex,

I'm building my Gen 3 right now with an old 302 small block. I am wondering if you can provide a photo of your throttle pedal mounting location? I'm using the pedal provided with the kit and want to see how others attached it before I start drilling holes. Seems like the cable overlaps the steering column in some positions.

Thanks!
    ~Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey LateApex,

I'm building my Gen 3 right now with an old 302 small block. I am wondering if you can provide a photo of your throttle pedal mounting location? I'm using the pedal provided with the kit and want to see how others attached it before I start drilling holes. Seems like the cable overlaps the steering column in some positions.

Thanks!
    ~Chris