Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holley Sniper EFI fuel pump

Post Thanks / Like

Holley Sniper EFI fuel pump

I have the Holly Sniper 4150 EFI and Hyper Spark distributer setup... I have an external fuel pump that works fine but was wondering if anyone out there has done an in-tank EFI fuel pump and fuel gauge sender setup that works with the supplied fuel tank in out kits?

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you are referring to using the existing hole to do an in tank set up but the in tanks from the major suppliers require a hole large enough to drop in the pump and also the filter so takes 3-4" hole. Can't rememeber exactly been to long.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the kind of things I'm wondering about... like if I can use existing hole. I'm hoping someone has done it to fill me in on how they did it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have the Holly Sniper 4150 EFI and Hyper Spark distributer setup... I have an external fuel pump that works fine but was wondering if anyone out there has done an in-tank EFI fuel pump and fuel gauge sender setup that works with the supplied fuel tank in out kits?

John
    Yes, use your stock 255LPH in tank pump and either use the return lines they suggest and allow the Sniper to regulate the pressure, or use an LS style fuel filter regulator and run a single line to the sniper and block off the return at the sniper. LS fuel filter regulator regulates to 58PSI and is Napa Part #3737

Sorry Didn't realize this was in the HOT ROD forum.

I would advise against and in tank pump for serviceability reasons as mentioned. In a coupe or roadster or even a pickup I would use an in tank pump. but not in a Hot Rod.
    Last edited by FFinisher; 12-27-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the Sniper and used a separate (external to the tank) fuel pump for ease of service. If an in tank pump ever fails good luck trying to replace it.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Snipper 4150 and changed to an external fuel pump. The FFR supplied EFI tank pump failed while it was still in the go-cart prior to the body being attached. Would be a major job to replace after build is completed.