Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Nice work! I have a '67 convertible "GT500 tribute" car (profile pic) that's in need of some lovin'. The cowl repair is a big job that just about every early Mustang needs. Yours looks like a really clean repair. I can't wait to see it when you're finished.
Thanks!
The cowl pic shows the temporary cover I made to mask off the paint on the lower cowl panel. I painted it the same color as the engine bay before I welded on the top cowl section. After I finished the final blue/clear exterior paint, I was able to pull the masking out under the dash through the "top hat' vents using the yellow strings. Now I don't have any overspray inside of the cowl cavity. I'm very happy with the way that turned out. Sometimes it's the little things...

Fixit,

We are keeping it pretty original but with better paint/coatings and some safety upgrades. Grandma needs her power assist!

My goal is for it to last longer - before it starts to fade again. Almost everything has multiple coats of the PPG DP90LF Epoxy Primer with Omni single stage or 2 stage top coats. (Exterior has PPG high build primer and sealer as well). Grandma likes her blue though so the gold had to go.

The entire drivetrain is 100% numbers matching original. Even the windshield is original with very little damage.

Alan_C

I search the VMF site on a regular basis but I'm just not very good at posting stuff. I'll try to make some time to get setup over there but no promises!
I do like the early Mustangs! Everything is relatively cheap and easy.

Thanks!
Richard