BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Dave Kindig's Take on the De Tomaso Pantera

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Kindig's Take on the De Tomaso Pantera

If you watch the show, you know how much work went into this car, including a 4" stretch and full custom chassis. I think it's some of the best work I've seen from their shop.

My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

2. Likes egchewy79, cgundermann, Badfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful - always has been one of my favorite cars.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    The sheet metal work they did on that car was something to behold. Absolute masters at their craft.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those that have not watched the 3 episodes devoted to this build, it is worth it to make time to watch them. Not much of the original car was left once the shell was fitted to the new Roadster Shop frame. They then rebuilt the body from the floors up. The look on Dave Kindig's face when they cut, what was left of the car, in half was a sight. The first time I think Dave wondered if he had made a mistake. Still not a fan of the Green paint, but bright colors were the norm for the originals. The result is one of Dave's best efforts. I wish they would share the cost on these high end builds. While a full build on his shop is said to start at $250K, I think this one went much higher.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what the car looked like before the customization started:

They took it from a 1971 to 2021.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-18-2022 at 10:23 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered about the cost of a full up custom as well. Here’s the 58 Lincoln Continental they did a few years ago for sale for $750k.

https://www.kindigit.com/sale/

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    some car owners talk about how Kindig keeps their car for several years. I can't imaging the number of manhours that goes into their restorations, not to mention the final price tag. Phantomworks garage does give a bit of insight on the final tab, which can be pretty eye opening at times. Regardless Dave and his team are true artesians of their craft and produce some amazing stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went for the shop tour when I visited Salt Lake City a few years ago - it's a great way to see behind the scenes. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to open it up for tours on certain Friday afternoons. If you're in the area and a fan of the show, it's definitely worth your time to stop by.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE Panteras!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to find anything wrong with anything they do there. If it's not perfect, it doesn't go. 750k for the Continental is a bunch of green but I would pay that before a 1.2m diamond encrusted Cobra.

13. Likes Papa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ggunter View Post
    It's hard to find anything wrong with anything they do there. If it's not perfect, it doesn't go. 750k for the Continental is a bunch of green but I would pay that before a 1.2m diamond encrusted Cobra.
    That Continental was up on the Barrett Jackson auction block in January and went for $808K.... the 750K it was listed at the web site prior was obviously a deal !

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition