Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear Glass info for Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Rear Glass info for Rich

Rich

Not sure what happened...I replied to your private message on my iphone today and when I went back to read my response from home, both your message and my reply were missing.

I don't know if you got my reply and I don't remember your question...exactly.

The rear glass cost to me with shipping was 609.00. shipping was no problem. I am happy with the fit on my black bodied coupe and the most I think I have to do is perhaps increase the gap size along the sides but I'll let my body guy decide that. The top and bottom seem fine. The glass sits flush with the body along the edges. IF you had to work the body to improve the fit it would be minimal and I think the paint could be touched up to blend nicely. If you had the glass sit 1/8 above the body with a thicker bulb moulding I don't think you would have to do anything to the body.

Tough call on whether to get the glass or not...depends on how much you like the existing hatch. The glass makes the car look that much more "real" and maybe a little less "kit" like. Let me know if you want specific information. Sorry for the delay in responding...I don't check my message box often.

Marc
    It's just A Matter Of Time

Marc

FFR Coupe 434, 347ci, Power Brakes, SAI Mod, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. That answers all my questions. Not sure if I will go with it. Was looking at copter vents etc on the plexi might play with that a while. Thanks. Looking at a 33 as well maybe get the glass added into the shipping crate.

Tulsacobra
    Post Thanks / Like

glass

I highly recommend the glass rear window. IMO it takes the Coupe to a whole new level of completion . Mine cost me $509.00 shipped to Tulsa and it was packaged and handled extremely well. Any adjustments will be minimal.

Clois Harlan