BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Snapped axle

Post Thanks / Like

Snapped axle

I just snapped the driver side axle on the 818.
    The donor car was an 02 outback. Do I have to get the axles direct from Factory Five? I tried calling and left messages but no one got back to me. Thanks in advance for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    The axle is FFR specific.
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I figured. Thanks Mike
    If anyone has an extra set they are trying to get rid of, please let me know.

4. Likes Sgt.Gator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another option is Driveshaft Shop. They will custom make them and stronger than stock. Not the cheapest option, however. I've been happy with them on my car. Fit perfect and many track days with sticky tires and about 300hp/TQ. I don't do hard launches, however - no drag racing.

6. Likes Sgt.Gator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Another option is Driveshaft Shop. They will custom make them and stronger than stock. Not the cheapest option, however. I've been happy with them on my car. Fit perfect and many track days with sticky tires and about 300hp/TQ. I don't do hard launches, however - no drag racing.
    Rob, when you ordered from the DSS, did you have any issues explaining what you need? I want to order a pair as backups to have at the track.
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, I took pictures of both ends of the axles and then sent them one of the axles from the car so they could get exact measurements. In the end, it was a "drop in" fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    FF doesn't have either the axle bars or the complete CV axles in the online parts catalog anymore. I've emailed them but with no response so far.
    I may have to see if the axles from any of the newer Subaru models might fit now. I doubt it but that would make it so much easier...
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    All,

I have a pair of axles shafts from FFR. I could not get the CV joints to complete them and ordered full axles from FFR. They of course did not fit as I have a 6 speed and STI hubs. They were kind enough to take them back. I ended up getting customer axles from the Drive Shaft Shop. I do like the product (not much mileage yet), but well built and robust, but they are EXPENSIVE. I would have to look it up, but I think I have $1400 in them.

On communications, both FFR and the DSS are very slow to get back and the DDS was very slow to process the order once they had it. I think I waited over 2 months.

This is what I have and it does have a FFR part number on it#80237. They have never been installed and are in perfect condition.

94BC7E24-F492-4B42-A7F0-0FC3224B7102.jpg CFE0CD64-1888-4C7E-A033-91EE0FCB8898.jpg

I find PM'ing easier than trying to track down thread posts if you are interested.
    Last edited by jforand; 05-10-2022 at 11:59 AM.

11. Likes Sgt.Gator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From my notes: FFR axle 335mm long, 29 tooth inner spline and 29 tooth outer spline.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

13. Thanks Sgt.Gator thanked for this post