Hi All,

I’m only putting this out there as a “word to the wise” so to speak. I have never had issues with packages being delivered to my house, nor have I ever been a victim of a “porch pirate.” I got a text update from FedEx on February 14th that my package was delivered. I found it odd that they claim the package was delivered on February 7th yet I didn’t receive a text update until the 14th. The package was from Wilwood and it contained the front brake kit; all $1350.00 worth plus $65.00 for shipping. Some shippers, depending upon the value of the item, will have a requirement for a signature when said package arrives. Wilwood did not send the front brake kit with a signature requirement so I’ll bet you can see where this is going. You guessed it. The package from Wilwood was never delivered. Not on the 7th or any other day. I am certain of this because I was at home that day home schooling my kids and because I have security cameras that would have shown the FedEx guy at my door which never happened on that day or any other day close to the 7th. Nuff said.

My recommendation to anyone, especially all of you who are waiting for various shipments from FF and from vendors that FF uses is to create an account with FedEx & UPS with a requirement that someone must sign for any deliveries. Unfortunately for me, I did not set up deliveries with the requirement of a signature and I am now faced with trying to deal with the FedEx “lost package claim” goat rope. My bad….could’ve saved myself a lot of wasted time trying get this ironed out with the results yet to be determined. Not to mention having to wait for who knows how long to get the front brake kit.

This is in no way an indictment on Wilwood or Factory Five. Neither entity is responsible for the incompetence of any shipping/delivery company, in this case, FedEx. I have noticed that FedEx has been having difficulty getting packages to my door when they claim it will arrive on a certain day and that their notification system has not been particularly reliable of late. That in itself should have been a wake up call. Sometimes it’s weather related and sometimes there are unforseen issues that cause delays….I get it.

Just a heads up to everyone out there to CYA or you might end up in the boat with me. Unfortunately, I brought no oars.

Greg