Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel system questions

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel system questions

I would appreciate some help from you folks
    My donor is an '06 STI. After trying to understand why mine looks different, I realized the stock FPR is under the intake manifold, not out by the fuel rail connections as on later models.
    My plan has been to keep things stock, though I am using a Boyd tank I got with the kit. So here's what I want to do. Please let me know what I'm missing, or areas to look out for
    1. Will be adding a simple aftermarket FPR to step down the FP in the tank. Let the stock FPR do its thing
    2. Can I use the stock FP controller? I don't know really anything about this, just have seen some discussion. Will upgrade if needed
    3. I've seen folks leave out the dampers in the fuel inlet and return lines; is this okay? Some of the Sube guys says it leads to noise and early damage to injectors? I'm trying to do all steel braided lines and fittings so adding the dampers might be ugly but will if needed.

Thanks for any advice or why's and wherefore's..

fuel hose 1.jpgfuel sys 1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My donor was a 04 Forester XT 2.5L. It is basically the same as a 06 STI only with a smaller turbo. The donor had 2 fuel dampers. One in the fuel tank right after the fuel pump and a second one in the return line about 6 inches from the engine. I kept the one in the fuel tank. I did not install the on in the return line. I also use the OEM fuel pump controller. Here is a picture of my fuel pump assembly.
    fpbobs.jpg

This is a picture of my FPR on the underside of the intake.

fprbobs.jpg

If you use 2 FPR's, I would turn the pressure on the external unit all the way up so it does nothing.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread