One hurdle I have is a small space to attempt this build. I live in a house from the early 1900s and garage spaces weren't as roomy as some of the newer construction. This means I need to have castors on everything I can put them on. Dollies, chairs, workbenches, roller skates, you name it. Thanks to the design from ChrisArella, I was able to rough something together pretty quickly. I had issues accessing some of the older links to the design plans, but based on some good details in a post from him on this forum I roughed out a plan in AutoCAD. Chris mentions this, but to echo him, make sure to use wood glue at the joints for extra assurance.

Chassis Dolly.jpg

I wanted to be about 1' off the ground so I went with a set of 5" castors I found on Amazon which was rated for a little over a ton (2400 lb). If I had a bit more space I would have preferred to have a set that didn't swivel on the front to make things easier to steer, but I need the ability to push the chassis laterally as much as forward/backward so I opted for the all swivel with brakes. So far I am happy and the brakes are very strong. It definitely did the trick when Stewart Transport arrived and nothing has fallen through or cracked and they made rolling over the 1.5" inch threshold of the garage a breeze. Speaking of Stewart Transport, I was able to meet Mark and his wife Shelly, who are like a modern-day Mr. and Mrs. Clause bringing presents to all the good kiddos! They were so awesome to work with and so punctual you could set a watch by their estimates. I really enjoyed meeting them and wished I could have spent more time laughing with them, but they had to head off to Tucson. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with them....actually this is the only picture taken that day as I was walking down my drive:

Photo Mar 24, 12 57 17 PM.jpg

I read many threads where people mentioned having a designated photog so you can remember the delivery and get plenty of shots. I had to laugh because I made arrangments beforehand with my wife to be the photographer, but the one thing I didn't count on was how excited she would get and then forget to take any pictures I suppose you might want to make sure you have an impartial photographer at your delivery just to be safe.