Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Yeti MK IV Build - #10331 "Dorothy"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted G View Post
    My POL was a page and a half. The biggies right off the bat are the Front Upper Control Arms, Gas Tank, and some IRS parts. I think all the others on the POL are not that critical early on. I also am missing some steering part and fasteners that were not on the POL, but still missing.

Ted
    Sounds like we gave the same big ticket items. My list started out large (1 page) but got whittled down nicely and a box 20 was created for me with my kit as they got things in. Short of UCA there's nothing i'll need to touch for a while. I was expecting much worse based on the stuff some people post on facebook, but was really impressed. I found a couple small things Missing In Kit but nothing major. Except a passenger roll bar, but that was something I added later in the order so that's on me. As you can probably tell from my pictures, storage is tight in my garage so not housing a fuel cell has been a blessing

I need one of those garages like yours with the wench on the ceiling and Jeep in the drive! Very nice. I'll let you know if anything shows up soon.
    Last edited by AgileYeti; 04-05-2022 at 10:54 PM.
    MK IV Roadster #10331. Ordered 08/2021 - Delivered 03/2022. Complete Kit, 351w, TKX, 3-link suspension, 3.55 gears. Build Thread for Dorthy

2. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chassis Powder Coated

I sent my frame to get a powder coat in Alien Silver from Prismatic Solutions.
    I cannot say enough good things about the people at Springfield Powder Coating. They even came to my house to pick up the chassis and dropped it off for me to make it easier. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Front:
    PC Frame 1.jpg
    Close up:
    PC Frame 2.jpeg
    Rear:
    PC Frame Rear.jpg

Not that it will see much daylight, but it sure does sparkle when light hits it. Should make me smile each time I change the oil.
    MK IV Roadster #10331. Ordered 08/2021 - Delivered 03/2022. Complete Kit, 351w, TKX, 3-link suspension, 3.55 gears. Build Thread for Dorthy

4. Likes Ted G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    While waiting for the Upper Control Arms to come in, I started thinking about my hardlines. I have a spool of 3/8" stainless tube left over from a previous build so plan to put it to good use here. Should be more than enough to supply my carb and never worry about starvation. I really liked the idea of some of the other tubing straighteners out there, but $100 is more than I care to invest on something I would so rarely use. I was sure there was something I could work out and print on my 3d printer. Before I got too far in Autodesk, I found someone else who also had this same thought. Thanks to njmcpherson for publishing the Tube Straightener to help out. I adjusted the wheels and printed them so they work with 3/8" line and it came out pretty dang good! Really does a great job of making a straight tube and at $12 invested, I can live with that.

Parts are all printed. The Gold wheels are 3/8" and the Silver ones are 3/16". I am planning to do a test run on the bends out of some smaller, cheaper stuff.
    Ready to assemble.jpeg

With the 2 sides together I can feel it taking shape
    Halfway.jpeg

Finally all ssembled. It has some heft to it for sure. I printed it with heavy infill since I planned to work with stainless.
    Coming Together.jpg

View down the chute
    Stright Assembled.jpeg

6. Likes rustyrim liked this post