Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Limited Access?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Limited Access?

Just picked up my partial built 818 and spent the day going over what needs to be completed. After reviewing everything and digging through the build manual I've found several issues that I'm hoping someone else has found a good solution:

--- The brake and clutch reservoirs, how do you access them after the dashboard is installed? Has anyone used a remote reservoir?

--- The overflow tank and the fill port for the anti-freeze; I can't get either cover off since they hit the frame. The overflow tank can be moved but what about the fill cover on the engine block?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most trim the windshield surround for access to the reservoirs.

As far as the coolant tank, Craig makes a lot of great 818 products. http://zerodecibelmotorsports.com/pr...elocation-kit/
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    Take your time and trim the cowl neatly and it will look good. I saved the piece I cut out and will fabricate a magnetic mount for it.

1688CD31-49C1-439E-9182-9DB6914BC166.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Trimming the cowl was the only way I could think of without a remote fill. Michael Everson had at one time looked at developing a remote kit (googled on the 818 forum). Did this ever come about?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a very long funnel + flexible hose to fill the overflow tank (it's even less convenient to get to in the C)
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Trimming the cowl was the only way I could think of without a remote fill. Michael Everson had at one time looked at developing a remote kit (googled on the 818 forum). Did this ever come about?
    I'm one of the lucky ones who got one of Mike Everson's remote fill kits back when he was making them. It's not too complicated. Just some low pressure fittings into the master cylinders connected by hoses to a remote reservoir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you get the caps for the cylinders which would replace the stock reservoirs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    Where did you get the caps for the cylinders which would replace the stock reservoirs?
    They were part of Mike's kit. I can't get a decent picture, but they are aluminum fittings with o rings held to the MC with a piece of Al tie wrapped (I used safety wire) down and around the MC. Maybe Mike will make some up if several people agree to purchase.