Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  521

Thread: Tesla Powered 33 Hot Rod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Veale View Post
    Hi Brad,

I had my steel wheels made for me by Diamond Racing Wheels in Milwaukee, WI.
    https://www.diamondracingwheels.com/

They built them to the style, diameter, width, offset and bolt pattern I wanted and then I had my paint shop two tone them to match my car. Nice people.

DiamondRacingWheels.jpg

DiamondRacingWheels_02.jpg

TopDownWeather.jpg
    (16" rim diameter; better tire selection at the time)

I just didn't find anything in alloy wheels I liked better than steelies on the FFR Street Rod.

Best wishes,
    Tom
    Hi Tom,

I really like your car! Very cool and unique look. Thanks for the wheel info. I'll keep that in mind. As I mentioned I'd be surprised if I didn't change my mind later with the wheels. I like the ones I ordered enough to be happy with them through the build process. And then once I can stand back and visualize the car better I'll figure out the aesthetic design.

Are those custom fenders molded in on the rear? I have the carbon fiber set which is all they sell now and they don't look like that.

Brad..

Post Thanks / Like
    "Are those custom fenders molded in on the rear? I have the carbon fiber set which is all they sell now and they don't look like that."

Early on with the FFR Hot Rod there was a glass shop in California that made these fenders. I'll have to do some research to find their name as it's been 13 years since I ordered them.
    Note I put "welt" between the rear fenders and the body work as sort of a throwback thing.
    Pindetail1.jpg

The two-tone paint ideas came from walking through the car museum in Las Vegas and looking at all the gorgeous two-tone paint schemes on the 1930s era cars there.
    Blue_on_Blue.jpg
    Blue on Blue

Red_On_Browh.jpg
    Red on chocolate brown

Gray_MossGreen.jpg
    Tan on Moss green

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Best wishes,
    Tom
    PS: I now have nearly 13K miles on my '33 and just finished the 2022 Hot Rod Power Tour in June with it. That was 2592 miles of the total!
    Last edited by Tom Veale; 07-23-2022 at 11:32 AM.

3. Likes peterh226 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom! Glad you're enjoying the car. No need to look for the fender shop - I'm in too deep with the ones I already have. I was just curious.