FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ready for driving season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ready for driving season.

I always seem to forget how awesome these cars are over the winter. The car has been on jackstands for a couple of months. Tonight while I was lowering the roadster back to the floor, some Dire Straits playing on the stereo, when the rear finally sat down I could feel some euphoria coming over me. As I moved to the front and let that down I felt like I just needed to go drive the car right now. These cars are awesome!

The roadster started with immediately on the first crank after 3 months, Becky quickly informed me it was too late to be "playing" with car noises. So the roadster waits for tomorrow and the big first drive to work this year.

I just finished my winter mods I thought I would share a picture. I added 15 anniverary sale chrome roll bars, SS polished louvers, and ceramic coated the sidepipes this year. All show mods, no go this winter

Bobby
    Last edited by Bobasaurus; 02-15-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    Bobby R
    2006 MKIII Roadster
    http://www.65roadster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Bob! Hope to see you on the road this year some time...AutoFair maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mods look nice. Now get those wheels turning.
    MKIII 4330RD 306 Carb,T5Z,355 3 link,Team III w/Kuho Ecsta XS.
    Delivered 10/04
    Graduated 06/06
    Class of 2006 #30

I'd rather die while I'm living than live when I'm dead!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This IS driving season here in Phoenix!

Thanks,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Idle Action!

My Roadster at idle. Action packed

Bobby R
    2006 MKIII Roadster
    http://www.65roadster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds awesome
    Mark III complete kit ordered 12/03/2007, received #6351 1/22/2008 Homemade mods: driver footbox extension with deadpedal and dimmer switch, widened passenger footbox, brake reservoir mounting bracket, under trunk storage box, custom dash and dash extension, heater forward box, custom glove box, under dash switch panel, Explorer motor carb conversion, first start 7/10/2010, off to paint (Performance Automotive) 11/20/2010, finally home 5/7/2011, Graduated 11/22/2011