FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood master cylinder leak.

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood master cylinder leak.

Hello guys, after about 3000 miles I noticed small leak from rear (15/16") master cylinder. I have 5000 miles on my hot rod right now and front (3/4") start leaking as well.
    I noticed my brakes not as before. So I am in process of replacement both cylinders. Any recommendations on bore sizes? I have wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear.
    Top portion of firewall removed, still not enough space to work on. Any suggestions and recommendations will appreciated.

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG
    Last edited by Motor_Freak; 05-06-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roman! Long time no see. I don't remember if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2, but this is one time a removeable dash would come in handy.

I ordered my '33 with the Wilwood brake package, and they sent me a 0.75" front MC and 0.625" rear MC. I ended up using a vacuum boost power brake setup and did not use the FFR supplied MC's. They were installed in the car at one time, but never had fluid in them. Send me a PM or email if you're interested. You could even drive out to Simi to pick them up and save the cost of shipping.

Keith HR #894