FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida registration

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Florida registration

I just suffered through the registration process in Manatee/Sarasota County Florida and wanted to share my experience although it might not be the same for different counties in the state.
    I tried to register it as a 33 replica but FFR is not listed in the Florida data base or approved by the Florida Highway Safety Board, not sure why but FFR have probably gone down this road with no success?
    They now register it as a ASPT car (built from parts) It was registered as a "2022 ASPT" and they gave me a VIN number at inspection.
    The process was as follows:
    1. go to the regional office that does ASPT, in my case was located in Palmetto.
    2. fill out the application form and pay $40 cash, you must have insurance (I used Hagerties through Midwest classic cars, great folks), bring certificate of origin from FFR, photos of car all 4 sides, and declaration of builders form to list every major component. I filled these forms out there with help from them since the instructions online are completely wrong and they will not allow you to white out or cross out errors, I did not need to have a police officer verify the chasis number, they don't need that and they don't need the serial number, list car as a "2022 ASPT" and VIN number just put FLA.
    You will also have to get car weighed, in my case I went to the landfill they charge $1.50 but I had to trailer it there, Everyone says it should weigh about 2500 lbs, when she handed me the ticket and it said 2-5-0-0 I almost fell over, lol. The funny thing is there is no mention of the car on the slip so I could have brought in any car to get weighed and they would never know (lesson learned)
    3. they will notify you in 2 weeks for an inspection date at the same location, inspections are only on Tuesdays. luckily I got mine in 2 weeks.
    4. Once you get the email for the inspection date, take the copy of the email and insurance card to any DMV and get a temp tag so you can drive the car to the inspection. you can also trailer the car there but that is a pain since these cars are so low to the ground getting on and off a trailer is not fun.
    5. go to the inspection and they will give you a VIN number, it will be FLA******, they put a sticker on driver door jamb, and that's it, no "inspection" they don't test anything, blinkers, brake lights etc...
    6. They will give you a sealed envelope which you then take back to the DMV and get registration and tags and of course pay sales tax on car kit (pay in cash otherwise they charge 2% on debit cards)

And it's as simple as that! A few stiff drinks helped me get though it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, Same experience in Palm Beach County. Ironically, I had the same weighing experience at a scrap recycle yard as my Daytona got a weight slip of 2500#s. I guess the scales all have a 2500 LB default?
    Don't worry about trailering. Mine just sat on the trailer as the inspector affixed the Vin # tag to the door pillar. A $20 gratuity helped the process go smoothly. Ditto on the adult beverages after the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like Fla is using a very similar process to Texas now. Mine is titled as a 2022 ASVE (assembled vehicle) . My experience wasn't near as smooth though -I followed the Texas assembled vehicle manual to the letter but it didn't matter because it all depends on which clerks window you end up at as most had no idea how to do it and weren't interested in my input. I won't go into all the details but suffice to say I was so pissed off I couldn't see straight. I got it done in the end but am still going to pursue getting some of the fees and penalties I was charged back.
    I am still drinking to get over the whole deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you got through the process relatively unscathed. It is so amazing to me how every state can vary so wildly on the registration process. We all go into buying these cars, and not worry about registration till close to the end because we say how hard can it be, other kit cars are on the road. The closer I got to the end of my build the more I started to pucker not knowing what they were going to require. I made a dry run to MVA to tlak to the State Police and see what the process was a week ahead of time and to my surprise it was a piece of cake. Md. has special vehicle rules for these cars and they can fall under "Street Rods or Historic" I went in for historic and it automatically takes it out of state inspection and emissions. The trip to MVA was only for the State Police to inspect for stolen parts. All I needed COO and the engine and trans receipt. I feel for you guys in states like Ca. who take months to get through this process. Anyway glad to see you made it.
    FFR 9883 MKIV ,427 Windsor engine
    TKX 5 speed, Three Link 3.55 gears
    Power Steering, Leather Seats
    18" Wheels and Tires, Drop Trunk
    Fun Package

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty similar to SoDak too. Never took mine off the trailer, the inspector noted all they are doing in the inspection is verifying if the serial number on the FFR chassis matches the paper work from FFR, and the serial number on the engine & tranny either match the crate manufacture you got them from or there is provinince from a junk yard.

No mechanical inspection is done, the inspector noted they "assume" you built the car correctly, it's up to the local police, sheriff, or highway patrol to point out any safety or mechanical issues they may see in the event you're ever pulled over.

Good job and welcome to the registered community.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sread View Post
    It sounds like Fla is using a very similar process to Texas now. Mine is titled as a 2022 ASVE (assembled vehicle) . My experience wasn't near as smooth though -I followed the Texas assembled vehicle manual to the letter but it didn't matter because it all depends on which clerks window you end up at as most had no idea how to do it and weren't interested in my input. I won't go into all the details but suffice to say I was so pissed off I couldn't see straight. I got it done in the end but am still going to pursue getting some of the fees and penalties I was charged back.
    I am still drinking to get over the whole deal.
    Hi sread. I will soon start the registration process here in Texas. You got my attention with fees and penalties. Please explain.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    sure - these probably won't be an issue for you though... it stems from the fact that I bought my kit from the original purchaser.
    First , because of that, they required me to to get a bonded title, even though I had a perfectly valid bill of sale, for the kit as well as all original documentation (including MSO) for the major components ,which the Texas assembled vehicle manual specifically states is valid proof of ownership. That was an extra $600. Then when I went to the tax assessor to actually file the application for title they hit me with almost $400 in penalties because of the time elapsed (almost 3 years) from when I purchased the kit to the current date transferring title to my name. Texas has a law that allows 30 days from when you purchase a vehicle to transfer title to your name before you start accruing penalties. The catch here is that it was impossible to transfer title to my name until that very day. First, there was no title to transfer, and second you can't apply for title until the car is fully complete, has all the required inspections, yada, yada. Same provisions apply for paying the state sales tax - penalty after 30 days from purchase.
    This was all compounded by the fact that I was stuck trying to sort all this out by dealing with the morons that staff the Harris County DMV regional service center. I now have the name and direct number of the office manager there, who is actually an intelligent , nice, lady, but she has been on vacation since the day after all this transpired and won't be back until later this week.
    Anyways, just follow the Assembled vehicle manual and be sure have every document listed, and you should be fine.

8. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    This change in FL happened in 2019. I just sneaked my 35P/U thru before the change and it registered as a 35 replica. After some trying to change the minds of legislatures, I found this is what will be in the future for FL. The bad part is in some states they will not accept a ASPT title. I wish Dave Smith would have been a little more involved in getting his company registered with FL. It has definitely slowed the builds I am getting for customers due to the fact they want a 65 or 33 title. Just my 2 cents worth.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

10. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sread View Post
    sure - these probably won't be an issue for you though... it stems from the fact that I bought my kit from the original purchaser.
    First , because of that, they required me to to get a bonded title, even though I had a perfectly valid bill of sale, for the kit as well as all original documentation (including MSO) for the major components ,which the Texas assembled vehicle manual specifically states is valid proof of ownership. That was an extra $600. Then when I went to the tax assessor to actually file the application for title they hit me with almost $400 in penalties because of the time elapsed (almost 3 years) from when I purchased the kit to the current date transferring title to my name. Texas has a law that allows 30 days from when you purchase a vehicle to transfer title to your name before you start accruing penalties. The catch here is that it was impossible to transfer title to my name until that very day. First, there was no title to transfer, and second you can't apply for title until the car is fully complete, has all the required inspections, yada, yada. Same provisions apply for paying the state sales tax - penalty after 30 days from purchase.
    This was all compounded by the fact that I was stuck trying to sort all this out by dealing with the morons that staff the Harris County DMV regional service center. I now have the name and direct number of the office manager there, who is actually an intelligent , nice, lady, but she has been on vacation since the day after all this transpired and won't be back until later this week.
    Anyways, just follow the Assembled vehicle manual and be sure have every document listed, and you should be fine.
    Thanks! Good Luck
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question for the FL guys here.

For the weight, do you need a certified scale ticket or just a number? I’ve got corner scales and can easily get a number at the house. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a weight slip from a certified station. They gave me a list of 4 or 5 "approved" stations I could use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE A View Post
    You need a weight slip from a certified station. They gave me a list of 4 or 5 "approved" stations I could use.
    Awesome, thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan's33 View Post
    I just suffered through the registration process in Manatee/Sarasota County Florida and wanted to share my experience although it might not be the same for different counties in the state.
    I tried to register it as a 33 replica but FFR is not listed in the Florida data base or approved by the Florida Highway Safety Board, not sure why but FFR have probably gone down this road with no success?
    They now register it as a ASPT car (built from parts) It was registered as a "2022 ASPT" and they gave me a VIN number at inspection.
    The process was as follows:
    1. go to the regional office that does ASPT, in my case was located in Palmetto.
    2. fill out the application form and pay $40 cash, you must have insurance (I used Hagerties through Midwest classic cars, great folks), bring certificate of origin from FFR, photos of car all 4 sides, and declaration of builders form to list every major component. I filled these forms out there with help from them since the instructions online are completely wrong and they will not allow you to white out or cross out errors, I did not need to have a police officer verify the chasis number, they don't need that and they don't need the serial number, list car as a "2022 ASPT" and VIN number just put FLA.
    You will also have to get car weighed, in my case I went to the landfill they charge $1.50 but I had to trailer it there, Everyone says it should weigh about 2500 lbs, when she handed me the ticket and it said 2-5-0-0 I almost fell over, lol. The funny thing is there is no mention of the car on the slip so I could have brought in any car to get weighed and they would never know (lesson learned)
    3. they will notify you in 2 weeks for an inspection date at the same location, inspections are only on Tuesdays. luckily I got mine in 2 weeks.
    4. Once you get the email for the inspection date, take the copy of the email and insurance card to any DMV and get a temp tag so you can drive the car to the inspection. you can also trailer the car there but that is a pain since these cars are so low to the ground getting on and off a trailer is not fun.
    5. go to the inspection and they will give you a VIN number, it will be FLA******, they put a sticker on driver door jamb, and that's it, no "inspection" they don't test anything, blinkers, brake lights etc...
    6. They will give you a sealed envelope which you then take back to the DMV and get registration and tags and of course pay sales tax on car kit (pay in cash otherwise they charge 2% on debit cards)

And it's as simple as that! A few stiff drinks helped me get though it...
    I can confirm the process. Did my paperwork today also in Palmetto. Tom was who helped me and was a great guy to work with. I would also wait until you get there to complete the forms. As stated, you can not make any mistakes or you have to do it from scratch again. Make sure you have originals for receipts, mco, and weight slip. They won’t take a copy. Now I just wait for inspection date.

Chris
    Chris: FFR MK4 Roadster complete kit, delivered 8/17/2020, 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, man-power brakes and steering, breeze radiator components, FFR adjustable seat mount (D), Breeze seat mount (P), leather wheel, drop trunk, hidden trunk battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Texas and have a Daytona on order. Are there any states close to Texas where it could be titled as a '65?!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you guys in north Florida have different rules. I registered my SLC 2020. All I needed was MSO, insurance and registration without title form. I had a friend who is a notary sign the paper stating the number stamped on the car matched all forms. Then went to a “concierge” DMV, no questions asked. Registered as a kit car with the number stamped in the frame as the VIN, had plates and stickers next day. Title in a few weeks. No inspection, no weighing the car, no taking it anywhere. I highly highly recommend not visiting an official DMV, they will give you nothing but problems.

18. Likes flyingfarley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed Dave Smith and he is in process with NHTSA and Florida to make this nightmare go away. My first car was a walk in the park under the Replica title, hope it returns soon. I'm curious about the "concierge" service, can you please explain a little more details?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fhp1154! View Post
    I emailed Dave Smith and he is in process with NHTSA and Florida to make this nightmare go away. My first car was a walk in the park under the Replica title, hope it returns soon. I'm curious about the "concierge" service, can you please explain a little more details?
    It’s really just 3rd party DMV sites, basically not any of the official ones with disgruntled employees. They are usually advertised as tags, plates, titles insurance etc. It was like $100 more than what you’d normally pay, but after my 3rd visit to 3 different agencies, all being told something different, I was fed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    It’s really just 3rd party DMV sites, basically not any of the official ones with disgruntled employees. They are usually advertised as tags, plates, titles insurance etc. It was like $100 more than what you’d normally pay, but after my 3rd visit to 3 different agencies, all being told something different, I was fed up.
    So did you register as a "kit"? do you remember the form #? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The rules changed in FL in 2020. Google assembled from parts, ASPT, in FL or look at this site. It’s really quite simple and works. I, too had many titles in FL as 1933 and 1965 previous to 2020.. FL was leaning forward for the low volume vehicle act which does not apply here. Don’t say the word Kitcar and follow the ASPT process and all will be well.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    The rules changed in FL in 2020. Google assembled from parts, ASPT, in FL or look at this site. It’s really quite simple and works. I, too had many titles in FL as 1933 and 1965 previous to 2002. FL was leaning forward for the low volume vehicle act which does not apply here. Don’t say the word Kitcar and follow the ASPT process and all will be well.

Henry
    thanks Henry, as a retirement job, I have purchased several "unfinished kits" to finish and sale, I think the ASPT title will be a problem in some states. My first build(2017) was titled here as a replica and I sold to PA customer with no issues. When Dave answered me he indicated he was filing the paperwork to be registered here again...hopefully sooner than later....thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fhp1154! View Post
    thanks Henry, as a retirement job, I have purchased several "unfinished kits" to finish and sale, I think the ASPT title will be a problem in some states. My first build(2017) was titled here as a replica and I sold to PA customer with no issues. When Dave answered me he indicated he was filing the paperwork to be registered here again...hopefully sooner than later....thanks again
    I hope he gets this done. My wife just ordered her kit with a delivery of Feb 25, 2023. It will take us a couple years to get it ready for the road so hopefully by 2025 or 2026 this is all settled out.

My roadster was originally titled in IL as a 1965 FFR so moving the title to Florida had me list it as ASPT but I did get to keep the 1965 vintage so I got Florida Antique plates.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm also in Florida and am in the process of getting a title. I'm filling out the forms for an ASPT. On the Statement of Builder it looks like they want receipts for the major components, i.e. Engine, transmission. I purchased my engine/trans combo from BlueEngines but it was done with a wire-transfer and I don't have a receipt. I called BluePrint and all they have is the invoice, nothing that says "paid." For who registered in FL, what receipts did you submit that were acceptable?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLFrank35 View Post
    I'm also in Florida and am in the process of getting a title. I'm filling out the forms for an ASPT. On the Statement of Builder it looks like they want receipts for the major components, i.e. Engine, transmission. I purchased my engine/trans combo from BlueEngines but it was done with a wire-transfer and I don't have a receipt. I called BluePrint and all they have is the invoice, nothing that says "paid." For who registered in FL, what receipts did you submit that were acceptable?
    Thanks
    I submitted the Invoice I received from BPE. It had the serial numbers but did not show it was paid. You should be good with that.
    Chris: FFR MK4 Roadster complete kit, delivered 8/17/2020, 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, man-power brakes and steering, breeze radiator components, FFR adjustable seat mount (D), Breeze seat mount (P), leather wheel, drop trunk, hidden trunk battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by capt1black View Post
    I submitted the Invoice I received from BPE. It had the serial numbers but did not show it was paid. You should be good with that.
    Great! Glad to hear that
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Update: Submitted the forms and required documentation however the invoices from FFR and BPE were not acceptable.They want a receipt. I included an explanation that the purchases were made online/wire transfers...there are no receipts.

They also want want to know who did the "repairs on the vehicle." And I would like to know what they mean by "repairs."...I built it and my information is on the forms.

I've tried to contact the FL DMV but all I ever get are voicemails and no one ever returns a call. Not sure what to do now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Submitted the forms and required documentation however the invoices from FFR and BPE were not acceptable.They want a receipt. I included an explanation that the purchases were made online/wire transfers...there are no receipts.

They also want want to know who did the "repairs on the vehicle." And I would like to know what they mean by "repairs."...I built it and my information is on the forms.

I've tried to contact the FL DMV but all I ever get are voicemails and no one ever returns a call. Not sure what to do now...
    This is what I gave. It was from an email that BPE sent me. I do not know why they would not take yours.

Untitled-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by capt1black View Post
    This is what I gave. It was from an email that BPE sent me. I do not know why they would not take yours.

Untitled-1.jpg
    That's what I submitted...no good. I'll keep trying.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Listen to what I said above. Go to a third party site. Not an official DMV building. This is literally just them plugging information into the computer, whether it’s 3rd party or DMV, unfortunately the official DMV people tend to be extremely particular.

I had my SLC registered, titled, insured and plates on it a year before it was ever going to be on the road. I don’t think I even had doors or tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Listen to what I said above. Go to a third party site. Not an official DMV building. This is literally just them plugging information into the computer, whether it’s 3rd party or DMV, unfortunately the official DMV people tend to be extremely particular.

I had my SLC registered, titled, insured and plates on it a year before it was ever going to be on the road. I don’t think I even had doors or tires.

I did search for an agency but there don't seem to be any near me. Thanks.

And I was able to get BluePrint to send me an invoice with the words "Paid in full" on it and they said that is acceptable. So now I just resubmit it and they'll process it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did search for an agency but there don't seem to be any near me. Thanks.

And I was able to get BluePrint to send me an invoice with the words "Paid in full" on it and they said that is acceptable. So now I just resubmit it and they'll process it.
    No worries. Just want to save some people frustration from the beginning, the DMV is insufferable even without the long lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No worries. Just want to save some people frustration from the beginning, the DMV is insufferable even without the long lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am purchasing, from the second owner, a mk2 that I built with my late Pops when I was in high school. It was titled as a 1965 Roadster in Virginia and has antique plates. What type of trouble am I walking into trying to title and register it in Florida? Most of what I’m reading pertains to new builds. Any tips for places in Orlando will be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry cant help with Orlando area. I moved from IL to FL and registered in the Ft Myers area. Was smooth and no issue other than FL does not recognize Factory Fire as an auto builder so they registered mine as a 1965 assembles from parts vehicle. Also gave me antique plates, no issue.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the rod shop Friday and a customer brought in a custom 34 he purchased from NY. When he tried to transfer title from at DMV they wanted to register as Assembled From Parts. He used "Florida Fast Title" http://floridafasttitle.com here in Tampa, provided them with the NY title and they registered it as a 34 Ford. Might be worth a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Got my title and temp tag today

So once I got my paperwork in order/correct/acceptable (2nd attempt), I received a call from the DMV and was scheduled for my vehicle inspection. I had to go to my local DMV office for a temporary 10-day tag so I could drive it to the inspection. The inspection consisted of a brief visual once-over...didn't check lights or anything like that. The inspector was looking for the serial number on the engine but never found it. 10 mins later she was completing the paperwork and computer entries. Then handed over to another person who printed everything out, took my payment and gave me my title and tag. Taxes were about $2200 + some other fees.

40. Likes runamuk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my title and temp tag today

So once I got my paperwork in order/correct/acceptable (2nd attempt), I received a call from the DMV and was scheduled for my vehicle inspection. I had to go to my local DMV office for a temporary 10-day tag so I could drive it to the inspection. The inspection consisted of a brief visual once-over...didn't check lights or anything like that. The inspector was looking for the serial number on the engine but never found it. 10 mins later she was completing the paperwork and computer entries. Then handed over to another person who printed everything out, took my payment and gave me my title and tag. Taxes were about $2200 + some other fees.
    Thats fantastic

I live in Fort Lauderdale and I hope to start the process around March - ish timeframe.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/manuf.../details/21481

FFR is now registered with the NHTSA, and FL should recognize them as a manufacturer of replica vehicles.

I live in Tampa and just started my Roadster. This was a sticking point for me over the last year because I want an accurate title, not "created from parts" or whatever else FL is trying to pull off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find this all quite interesting. I live in Mass and Florida along with Vermont have always been the states to go to for a simple registration process. Go to any Mass car show and you will always see Florida and Vermont plates on vehicles that have never been in Florida.

Was talking to a guy at a car show last September about his FFR 33 and noticed he had Florida antique plates on it. I asked him if he was from Florida and he told me he had never been to Florida. He said that he titled and registered his as a 33 Ford over the phone and by mail. He had used a friend's address in Florida but the title, registration and plates were sent to him at his Mass address.

I was thinking of going this way to get around the emissions requirements in Mass. Is this not possible any longer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. I'm moving from Clearwater, FL to Dallas, GA in January. We close on the house 1/4. I've been doing some research... Turns out I'll be in Paulding County, which is one of the emission-inspection counties in the Atlanta area that can be problematic for us FFR owners. To avoid ending up having to be stuck with a GA title for a 2023 Assembled from Parts car that needs to be compliant with modern safety/emissions standards, I'm going to TRY and get my car titled in FL as a 1965 FFR Cobra Replica (as many here have in the past) before I leave. I did read FFR was now registered with the NHTSA finally, so hopefully this will go smoothly.

FACTORY FIVE RACING, INC. - MID (dot.gov)

I'm also going to engage Florida Fast Title, Inc. (floridafasttitle.com) to take care of this for me.

I have two weeks to sort this out. Fingers crossed.
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

45. Thanks MB750 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast