Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida registration

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
    I find this all quite interesting. I live in Mass and Florida along with Vermont have always been the states to go to for a simple registration process. Go to any Mass car show and you will always see Florida and Vermont plates on vehicles that have never been in Florida.

Was talking to a guy at a car show last September about his FFR 33 and noticed he had Florida antique plates on it. I asked him if he was from Florida and he told me he had never been to Florida. He said that he titled and registered his as a 33 Ford over the phone and by mail. He had used a friend's address in Florida but the title, registration and plates were sent to him at his Mass address.

I was thinking of going this way to get around the emissions requirements in Mass. Is this not possible any longer?
    Hi Dgc333, the way I understand it, the rules in FL changed in 2019. I had to bring mine in for a physical inspection. It wasn't thorough, just a cursory look. The inspector was looking for the engine serial number but didn't find it and ultimately gave up. A little pink sticker has to be affixed (mine was put in the forward door jamb) and cannot be removed. So I'm pretty sure you'll have to title it in-person. My registration was done at the same time...maybe that can be done remotely.

As for the antique plates, I think you could only get those if you indicate "antique" on the application and the DMV personnel make a mistake/overlook it. But I don't see how that's possible because you have to submit documentation.

Sorry I don't have better news, but good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd bet the scales weigh in hundred units. (for ease of calculating gravel/sand price)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
    Hi all. I'm moving from Clearwater, FL to Dallas, GA in January. We close on the house 1/4. I've been doing some research... Turns out I'll be in Paulding County, which is one of the emission-inspection counties in the Atlanta area that can be problematic for us FFR owners. To avoid ending up having to be stuck with a GA title for a 2023 Assembled from Parts car that needs to be compliant with modern safety/emissions standards, I'm going to TRY and get my car titled in FL as a 1965 FFR Cobra Replica (as many here have in the past) before I leave. I did read FFR was now registered with the NHTSA finally, so hopefully this will go smoothly.

FACTORY FIVE RACING, INC. - MID (dot.gov)

I'm also going to engage Florida Fast Title, Inc. (floridafasttitle.com) to take care of this for me.

I have two weeks to sort this out. Fingers crossed.
    Did you ever square this away?

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Florida inspection, I was told that this is not a safety inspection, but just to verify that you have the car and installed the parts listed, engine, trans, etc. I have deletes for my windshield wipers. Would I need to install those or no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    For the Florida inspection, I was told that this is not a safety inspection, but just to verify that you have the car and installed the parts listed, engine, trans, etc. I have deletes for my windshield wipers. Would I need to install those or no?
    Do not nor did I have wipers for mine and no issues
    Chris: FFR MK4 Roadster complete kit, delivered 8/17/2020, 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, man-power brakes and steering, breeze radiator components, FFR adjustable seat mount (D), Breeze seat mount (P), leather wheel, drop trunk, hidden trunk battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    I believe you are correct, it is not really a safety inspection. My inspector was mostly looking for serial numbers. I guess they are just verifying the major parts are not stolen. I put wipers on mine but I could not find a requirement for wipers anywhere.

Good luck.

P.s. Check post #38 in the thread by MB750, if you haven't already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12