Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: WANT TO TRADE new 17" FFR Halibrand replicas for new 15" FFR Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like

WANT TO TRADE new 17" FFR Halibrand replicas for new 15" FFR Halibrands

I ordered the 17" Halibrand replicas from FFR with my kit (9" front, 10.5" rear). These are 5 lug. #14865 on FFR Parts. I have opened the boxes but have never installed the wheels. I have decided that I would prefer 15" halibrands. I just want to break even, so even though my 17s are worth more, I will trade for 15s and you pay shipping or pick up locally in north GA. Both sizes of wheels are currently out of stock on FFR website anyway. Must be brand new 15s. Will send pictures if you are interested. Edit: I would also consider just selling the 17s if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by jkone29; 06-10-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM Sent

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 17's but prefer the look of 15's with more sidewall.

Good luck getting a trade. And please post a picture when the switch/car is complete.
    "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."

FFR #7430 - MK4 Roadster - 302 w/ T5 Five speed - 17" FFR wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickity-Split View Post
    I have 17's but prefer the look of 15's with more sidewall.

Good luck getting a trade. And please post a picture when the switch/car is complete.
    Me too.

I have the 15" Halibrands with billboards for the local car shows and then some 17" with DOT tires for the road trips.

15" especially with the billboards look badass. But, they don't drive well.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    You might consider having the 17" wheels painted or powder coated black. I recently purchased a set of 18" 25 anniversary wheels for my car which had 15" Halibrands. The black wheel with black sidewalls really stops the big wheels from looking so out of place IMO.

Attached are photos of the 15" with original Billboards, Cooper Cobra 245/295 and the 18" wheels with 245/295 tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jkone29 View Post
    I ordered the 17" Halibrand replicas from FFR with my kit (9" front, 10.5" rear). These are 5 lug. #14865 on FFR Parts. I have opened the boxes but have never installed the wheels. I have decided that I would prefer 15" halibrands. I just want to break even, so even though my 17s are worth more, I will trade for 15s and you pay shipping or pick up locally in north GA. Both sizes of wheels are currently out of stock on FFR website anyway. Must be brand new 15s. Will send pictures if you are interested.
    Good call. I switched my order from 17" to 15" with FFR but am not 100% sure which one I'll receive. If I get 17", my plan is to do exactly what you're doing and do a straight trade.
    Complete novice who doesn't know what he's doing.
    MKIV with BPE 347 & TKX. IRS. A crap ton of mods.
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Svassh,

The 18” 25th anniversary wheel fits your mk2? I have a mk2 and thought 17” was max?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pelzerd View Post
    Svassh,

The 18” 25th anniversary wheel fits your mk2? I have a mk2 and thought 17” was max?
    Yep they are actually 1/2" shorter than the 15" wheels and tires. They are 11" wide but I think the po must have reworked the rear wheel wells as I could easily do 315s.
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone knows this, but I think it’s worth repeating. Tire selection will be extremely limited with the 15 inch wheel. I too prefer the look of the 15 inch wheel and that’s what I chose when doing my five lug conversion on my Mk1. I occasionally think about purchasing 17 inch wheels but I will always be limited by the fact that there is simply no room for anything wider than a 295/50 tire, but that’s a Mk1 cross the bear. Good luck with your wheel swap!

Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

10. Thanks Geoff H thanked for this post
    Likes Geoff H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The other thing to consider is brakes. Make sure the brakes you are using will fit behind the 15" wheels.

Henry

12. Likes mburger, Geoff H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh definitely. My kit is not yet complete and is still relatively in the early stages. The willwood setup I ordered fits the 15s. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Will post when the car is complete. Yup the look of the 15s is so much better in my opinion that it's worth the limited tire selection and performance for my setup.
    Last edited by jkone29; 06-09-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely have a point about the black wheels not standing out as much, but the look of the 15s is unbeatable for me personally. I am aware of the unfortunate decrease in performance compared to the 17s or 18s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do wonder if FFR would do a trade directly if you cannot find anyone? Most likely not I would assume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still available.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM Sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey @jkone29 happy to buy these off you.

Can’t deny 15s do look the best American Racing VN427s in the size looks very cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump, still available