Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DMV fun

Post Thanks / Like

DMV fun

Didn't see an Arkansas region so I thought I'd share this in the coupe section.

Registered my MK IV in December, too easy. Turned in the MCO and copy of invoice, paid and title came in a month. So easy, that I decided to title the coupe. Not quite as easy but it looked like it would be OK. This time the clerk told us that all replicas are titled as model year “1928”. A few phone calls to Little Rock got that straightened out. A month later I received a notice from Little Rock that the title was on hold until I provide “the second MCO” for the coupe kit. Our local office called LR and spoke with the “top person” who deals with this type of registration. LR said that the MCO we provided with the title application only covered the body provided in the kit. They said that FFR is supposed provide two MCOs with a kit, one for the body and one for the chassis or “a yellow piece of paper stating the MCO covers both the body and chassis”. Our local office reminded LR the other FFRS have been titled with one MCO. LR said those cars have no bearing on this one. LR said this issue is dead until we provide a second MCO specific to the chassis or a document from FFR stating that one MCO covers both body and chassis.

I think the red flag popped up because the FFR receipt lists the frame as “bare” referring to no powder coat but LR seems to be interpreted “bare” as not having a chassis number.

Still better that when we had to deal with CA DMV.

Kerry P

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gotta love the Government way of thinking.....NOT!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized. Why should I expect anything different? In Arkansas even our highest officials have trouble figuring out what "is" is.

Kerry P

Post Thanks / Like
    Its trouble from what I read on getting titled and registered. So much trouble in fact it has me on the fence and cautious about buying a coupe like I would like.
    -Owned
    '56 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan, '63 Chevrolet Belair, '78 Mercury Cougar XR-7, '82 F150 Flareside

-Wish List
    FFR Type 65 Coupe

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send me your reciepts and the mco, Fl. will title it in 5 minutes, then tranfer the title in your state....simple...Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im just curious, how would that work out considering the car has to be inspected before it can even be given a vin number and titled?

Or am I missing something on that part?
    -Owned
    '56 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan, '63 Chevrolet Belair, '78 Mercury Cougar XR-7, '82 F150 Flareside

-Wish List
    FFR Type 65 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Not in Florida it doesn't...........Steven
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah ok, so basically I could go to a buddy of mine that makes signs for trophies and plaques to make me a vin tag and afix it where I want to and be done with it. If that is the case then I will remember that. Think it would be best to do like in the other post I was told and talk with some in the Houston area that got theirs titled and how it went.

I know theres a way around it but state law though clearly states kit cars are to be titled and registered as the year the car was built in which also means emission test at the government standards of said year.
    -Owned

-Wish List
    FFR Type 65 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    the FFR chassiss has a vin on it that matchs the mco, theres nothing funny going on here, most states now recognize the car as the year it is a replica of...Texas is behind the rest of the nation in that regard then, so sorry you live in Texas, mabey it will get better for you soon......Steven
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully it will, but we are behind on some things. But its not as bad as california is though.
    -Owned

-Wish List
    FFR Type 65 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Rusty there are dozens of these cars in Texas and they don't have this issue. Talk to some of the owners there and see how they did it. check club cobra in the Texas section. They are having their big gathering this month so it would a great time to th talk to many of them and see the cars.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys but it's easy to do this in Calif. now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Normally it is very easy in Arkansas, somehow my coupe got special scrutiny. Our local office has tried to get others in Little Rock involved. I was asked to provide a written description of what this vehicle is.... We'll see.

Kerry P

Post Thanks / Like
    After another round of calls to Little Rock the coupe's title arrived today. It's a 1965 "FACT". And Forte's said my pallet of stuff will ship today or Monday. A pretty good Friday.

Kerry P

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great Kerry. I love the "Fact" on my coupe I went to the Higway Patrol for the Vin tag and later discovered it was liste as a Dodge Daytona. :-)