Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Engine Fitment

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Engine Fitment

I’m in the planning stage for a Gen 3 Coupe with a Gen 3 Coyote engine and looking to supercharge it. Does anyone have the clearance between the highest part of the Gen 3 Coyote engine and the hood/nose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Glen,
    Which car....We have done two in to Coupes and found that the only supercharger that fits is the Edelbrock unit. All of the others that we researched were too tall. We have not yet tried one in a roadster, however I can look into this as we have a couple N/A in house that we can measure. Something else to consider is power steering. The Super charger belt path precludes a front runner power steering pump. We have successfully, adapted a Mini electric system, though it has not yet been exhaustively tested. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss. Chris@FormaCars 6145713927
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chris - I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I'm curious where this ended up, or is at this point. Have you found a suitable solution to the power steering issue? Are there other options at this point for supercharging the Gen3 coyote?

Thanks!
    Rian

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m planning a boost setup on my upcoming coupe build as well. Have a gen2 coyote im in process of rebuilding. So far what I’ve found is that the edlebrock PD will fit. Based on some research I believe a gen5 whipple will too (not 100%). Erik Treves has sucsessfully added twin turbo setup. I prefer to go centrifugal but can see that these will not fit without frame mods. There is still the issue with front dress on engine and getting all in place with AC condensor, alt and PS pump. My plan is to get the engine in early build and measure up space for what is possible. May have to do some engineering work to get a centrifugal SC successfully in place.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021