Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registering car without fenders?

Post Thanks / Like

Registering car without fenders?

Looking to order a 35 truck within the year and just have a question.

For those of you who run without the fenders on the truck does your state not require fenders? I live in ND and have looked into the laws and it states cars must have fenders covering the tires. But I also see T buckets and cars driving around without them (probably just risk getting pulled over). I'm not sure how the registration process goes in my state, not sure if the car actually gets inspected or I just submit all the proper paperwork and I'm good to go. Any help would be great, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in Illinois and I run without fenders. I didn’t even look into it when I built my truck cause guys run t buckets here by me and if they can get away with it why can’t I. I have my truck titled as a 1935 . I love the open wheel look however yes you will get nicked here and there. Sorry I don’t know much about North Dakota other than it really cold in the winter there .
    Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Try googling "[your state] fender laws" - but it's not easy to find a real answer!

In Texas everyone says there are no fender laws, and I run fenderless and have never spoken to a cop in 12,000 miles. But I can't find anything in statutes to answer this question.. just a lot of forum folks saying it's ok. And it probably is ok!

If you're seeing others get away with it.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    In Md. the law says fenders must cover the tires....But, there is and exemption for street rods and historic vehicles. Which is pretty much run what ya brung. These two categories exempt from emissions and state inspection. Maybe your state has something similar?
    FFR 9883 MKIV ,427 Windsor engine
    TKX 5 speed, Three Link 3.55 gears
    Power Steering, Leather Seats
    18" Wheels and Tires, Drop Trunk
    Fun Package

Post Thanks / Like
    In PA - Subchapter K of the DMV regulations apply to Street Rods and Specialty Constructed vehicles. Vehicles registered as Street Rods are exempt from fender requirements.