BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Driveshaft yoke question

Post Thanks / Like

Driveshaft yoke question

Gen 2 IRS with 4L60e - I thought I read you want about 3/4” of the driveshaft yoke showing. I have about 1.25” showing. Is that ok or do I need a driveshaft spacer? I double checked and the engine/transmission mounts are all as per FF instructions. Thanks for the input
    A9CB96E1-5479-44A3-8ADF-10E1E6095EE7.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a post just like this in the last week or so, but I'll be darned if I can find it. Though apparently my search skills need some polishing as I seem challenged to find most anything on the forum! Anyway, I was certain that EdwardB had responded to someone having the same issue and he determined it was the wrong shaft based on his previous builds. He posted some photos of what it should look like and I think it was like a half inch showing. Wish I could find the post, but maybe he will see this and advise.

Edit, found it. I had only read it a week or so ago, but I was reading an old thread. Start here:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post248597

End here:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post249107

And in important note:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post293847
    Last edited by racingandfishing; 09-09-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I checked and and the part number is correct and the measurement seems to agree to the part listing for the driveshaft, so I don’t think that is the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to post 164, the part number did match the part that Factory Five had sent. Turns out they told the builder he needed the wrong part. But that may not be the case in your situation. But hey, I am new here. Likely someone like Edwardb or JeffK. can help!

Post Thanks / Like
    that post you reference is mk4, not gen2 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Street Rod Jim had the same issue with his driveshaft although he has a 4 link set up. I think FFR paid to have it made longer for him but don't quote me on that. I think his wheel base was too long because his rear wheels/tires didn't seem centered in the rear fenders. He also had problems getting his driveshaft angles correct. That's why I bought adjustable rear UCAs. He also had to move the engine forward a little because the his trans was hitting the frame by about 1/4" to 1/2 ". Food for thought.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

7. Thanks Iziks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    that post you reference is mk4, not gen2 33
    It was just an example of what may be a similar situation.