Well S**t!

2nd time the chrome cover on the Moser 8.8" rear end is leaking. That last time I even sanded off the chrome on gasket surface and applied Ultra Black RTV. Talked to a neighbor yesterday who is a car nut as well and he mentioned no matter how well you sand / prep / clean a chrome cover in time it's gonna leak.

It's not a big deal to change it, I'd just rather be cruising right now than having it up on the lift working on it. I ordered an Aluminum Ford Racing 8.8 cover last night, should be here Wednesday, it also has the main bearing adjuster bolts for better stabilization of the bearing caps.

Ford Racing 8.8 Rear End cover --> https://www.amazon.com/Ford-M-4033-G...ps%2C72&sr=8-6

I guess the positive in this is last time I fixed the cover I put Royal Purple 75W90 synthetic gear oil in it since some folks rave about Royal Purple, but to me, the rear end seems noisier, nothing alarming, just noisier (hard to explain). I'm going to switch to Torco 85W140 w/ GL6 this time around with 4 oz of their matching friction modifier.

I had a similar situation in my Currie 9" rear installed on my 69 Mustang and after talking with Currie tech support last year they noted these Ford 8.8" & 9" rear ends need the thicker gear oil especially if tracking the car and they recommended 85W140 w/ GL6 either their Currie brand (of course) or Torco. I went with Torco and it immediately took care of the noise in the 9" rear end, hope it will do the same on the 8.8" rear on the 33 too. Time will tell I guess.

Jim