Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Trying to connect with a forum member

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to connect with a forum member

Awhile back a member had posted a picture of their car, and the color was amazing. He was kind enough to share a picture of the can the paint came in with the color information. I was hoping to ask a couple other questions.
    Do you have any other pictures of your car in different light?
    Do you know if the color is a metallic or pearl, or ??
    I need to make a decision this weekend so I'm hoping you read this. Here's the original picture that you shared.
    Awesome Green by Rick Paul, on Flickr

Anyhow, any additional info you could provide would be awesome. So far it is my favorite.

Thanks
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

2. Likes Tom Veale liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is who you are looking for.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/member.php?19755-wrp
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

4. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean your car is finally getting painted Rick?
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to get overly optimistic, but it could be close. That means you're less than a year away from completion John!
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Nigel, thanks so much. I could not figure how to find him.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    (insert crying emoji here)

I wouldn't know. Can't seem to get a reply to any of my text messages, phone calls or voice mails.
    Last edited by JohnK; 07-31-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is Bill Prices car and the color is Mini Cooper British Racing Green. Bill is on FB on the FFR page if you can't get him here.

10. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamp, thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the color he used on Ethyl but have decided to go with Jaguar BRG. It's darker and that is what I was looking for.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    This green Hot Rod really pushed me to get mine. I am glad to finally know the color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the question has been answered, but found this thread by the builder with a ton of pictures of the car and the various articles it's been spotlighted in.

https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...3-ford-hot-rod

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for missing this post. That is my car. The color is Mini Cooper British Racing Green, oddly, the color is owned by BMW. I would note that the color is not just this British Racing Green. The shop used pearlescent tint to get the overall effect. My Son-in-law built me a strat style tribute to the car

Attachment 170589IMG_9598.jpg73ED57A1-466D-42D9-B482-A604019519C6.jpeg
    Last edited by wrp; 08-05-2022 at 04:13 PM.

15. Likes Geoff H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wrp, thanks for responding. You confirmed my guess that there was some pearlescence in the paint. It is still one of my favorite builds, absolutely beautiful! I ended up going with Jaguar BRG. It's just a touch darker than the BMW color, but now I need to contact my painter and see if he can add some pearl. Again, thanks for all the pictures, and all the info on the paint. I don't think I'll ever delete the picture that you originally posted some time back. It's the picture that solidified in my mind that I was going with a dark green. By the way, you've got a very talented son-in-law. That guitar is awesome, and a great tribute to your build!
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with it