Hi all,

I don't have an 818 however I am building a classic mini with a WRX EJ25 turbo engine in the rear like the 818. Cooling set up is the same too with the OEM WRX radiator in the front.

This forum has been very helpful to me when it comes to cooling and gear linkage setups. Tthe knowledge of everyone here is great.

I live in Melbourne Australia where our Summer temps get up to 45-50 degrees C (113-122 degrees F) so I have removed the OEM water pump and thermostat and am running a Davies Craig EWP150 right in front of the engine near where the OEM T/stat would be.
I have removed the heater and capped those hoses, removed the throttle body hoses and have TÂ’d the oil cooler and expansion tank bottom hose together to go into the hose just in front of the EWP as suction like the OEM set up was.
I have even done Wayne’s VCP cooling mod.
All being controlled by My Haltech Elite 2500 and a solid state relay.

Question: Is anyone else running the same setup and if so, have you had any cooling issues?
The tech from Davies Craig recommended putting the EWP at the front of the car near the radiator to get gravity fed from the radiator and push the coolant to the engine rather than have to suck it from the front.

Any experienced feedback will be appreciated

Cheers
Dutchy

Check out Dutchys mini on Facebook or @dutchys_mini on Insta for more details or even a few pics of the cooling setup (search EWP on my FB page)

Or click here

https://www.facebook.com/25665206117...QCtmshfjl/?d=n