BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  178

Thread: "Voodoo Magic" SEMA Build - Day 42 - Done - Let's go to SEMA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a 6R80 in the garage ready to go. I was going to use it in another project but have since decided to retire from building cars. I agree Erik. I do not think it will shrink the foot box, at the pedals, as that should already be wide enough to handle the engine.

What size is the tubing in the tunnel? I assume it is square. Depending on how much more space is needed, it might be possible to unitize the tunnel by splitting the tubing and reinforcing it with 1/16" plate. That description may be a bit vague. Basically, split the tubing in the tunnel and then take a sheet of 1/16" plate and weld it the length of the tunnel to restore the strength lost. If the tubing is 1.5" square, then that could gain 1.375" in the width of the tunnel with zero change to the interior.

About 12" from the bellhousing mounting face the tunnel to be 11" wide/high. How far off is that? That first 12" is a linear taper from the width of the engine to about 10.25".
    Last edited by Skuzzy; 11-13-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    My Type 65 Coupe: Ordered May 27, 2021. Arrived November 19, 2021.
    I would like to treat my gas pedal as a binary operator. It would be nice to get the cooperation of everyone in front of me.